Archives Search Engine
Searching for: +path:census-chat +(+date:jul +date:1999)
- 1. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] Putting in Zeros!!! 
- I just finished transcribing the 1840 census. I now have to proof it. I
have proofed almost all the names, I do that first. I found a better way
to put the zeros in. The first census I did, i put the zeros in one at a
time. Boring!!!. Then someone said you can copy and paste after you were
finish, I tried that and boy did I make lots of mistakes. The best way to
do the zeros, is to start with a zero database, and put the numbers in as
you go. That is so much easier. When the numbers are in you are f
- 2. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] Remove me temporary 
- This is the second request to remove me from the list while we are moving.
Will be off line till the middle of Sept.
Arleen :-) email@example.com
Transcribing the 1830 & 1840 Census of Jefferson Co, TN
Volunteer of Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness at
http://www.rootsweb.com/~tnraogk/ El Dorado Co, CA
- 3. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] RE:LOOKUP REQUEST [0.985413]
- PLEASE...rose marie russell,,,born 1905 in Glasgow scotland
and immigrated to toronto,ontario,canada on a steamship in 1928
- 4. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] Terms connected with deeds [0.985413]
- Terms connected with deeds
Acre - Unit of area containing 43560 square feet, or 10 square chains or 160
square poles. A square mile is composed of 640 acres
Chain - Unit of length equal to 66 feet, or 4 poles. A mile equals 80 chains.
Hectare - Area measurement equal to 2.47 acres
.Pole - May also be called "rod". Equal to 16.5 feet. An acre equals 160
square poles. When used to measure area, it was equal to a square with each
side one pole in length.
Vara - Often found in Spanish land transaction
- 5. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] Re: 1890 Civil War Veterans census [0.985413]
- > Have a question I hope someone can answer. I was going to order the
> microfilm of the 1890 Civil War Veterans censu but, it says that it is a
> enumeration of Union Veterans. Since all my anscestors came from the
> south and I feel they definately were Confederate this will not help me
> in anyway if it only lists the Union Vets. Is this correct? Is only
> the Union Veterans that were counted?
If the fact that your ancestors were 'from the south' is the only
evidence you have for them bei
- 6. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] 1998 Fl. marriage index [0.985413]
- 1998 Index of Marriage Licenses from the Pensacola News Journal
- 7. Re: [CENSUS-CHAT-L] [Fwd: [Fwd: [CENSUS-L] How do]] [0.985413]
- A Great big "congratulations" to all of you.
Although none of these census apply to my lines I am overwhelmed with the
work you are all doing. I just want to say thank you for your contributions
world of internet of genealogy. Thousands of people all over the world
would thank you too if they knew what you have done.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
Harriet (in California)
From: Butch & Dena Clason
- 8. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] July 23 Updated MT-WY Census Lookup Volunteer List [0.985413]
- Did anybody notice that I'm really late sending the list out this week? I'm
sure all of you were "biting at the bullet" to get it! LOL!! Thanks to all
who sent comments concerning my lucky week last week and those who took the
time to say thanks for coordinating the list.
As always, your comments and suggestions are welcomed. I don't own the list,
I just coordinate it and want to make it as strong as it can possibly be!
- 9. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] 1880 soundex [0.985413]
- Could some one look up soundex C 454. I am looking for these families
living in Danvers, Essex, Massachusetts. Thank you in advance.
- 10. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] Lookup 1810 New London, CT [0.985413]
- Could I please have a lookup for David Whaley in the 1810 New
London, Ct, Montville, p. 148 or 149 please. Thank you.
- 11. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] People Living in Fayette County, Alabama Prior to the Civil War [0.985413]
- People Living in Fayette County, Alabama Prior to the Civil War
ABERNATHY, R. T. - Constable 1844
ABERNATHY, Dr. Samuel B. - Listed in A. Howton's papers of 1841, 1845, and
1849. Born 1809 SC & Died 1859 Fayette Co., AL. Deeds dated 1848 show he
owned land and lived in what is now the City of Fayette.
ADAMS, John Q. - Listed in 1840 Census and in A. Howton's Papers of 1836.
ADAMS, Robert P. - Pastoor of Fayette C. H. Baptist Church sometime between
AKINS, E. T. - Pastor of Fayette C. H
- 12. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] Daviess Co, KY Lookup [0.985413]
- Good morning fellow researchers,
Would someone lookup the 1900 and 1910 census for the city of Daviess Co., KY
for a James Morton RAY and his wife L. W. Jones RAY? I am researching my
grandparents and their ancestors.
Thank you very much,
- 13. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] SC [0.985413]
- can someone look and see if a William greenleaf Bragg is on SC index for
the year 1870? William Bragg or William G Bragg. See where to hunt
- 14. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] 1880 NC look-up [0.985413]
- Could someone look-up Thomas E Parkin in Beaufort Twp., Carteret County, N.
Carolina for year 1880? Any help or info would be very much appreciated.
- 15. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] People Living in Fayette County, Alabama Prior to the Civ... [0.985413]
- People Living in Fayette County, Alabama Prior to the Civil War
VALE, Joshua - Voting precinct at house in 1851. VANDIVER, Captain
E.M. - 26th Alabama Infantry, wounded at Chancellorsville
. VANDIVER, James - School teacher in both public and his own private
schools. Supt. of Education 1867. VAN HOOSE, Alfred E. - Son of Jesse Van
Hoose. Educated and admitted to the bar in Fayette County. Elected solicitor
of 7th Judicial Circuit. Thrown from buggy and killed 1860. VAN HOOSE,
- 16. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] 1840 Look up [0.985413]
- Need a look up for Angelo Zanin in Salt Lake City Utah 1840. I appreciate
- 17. Re: [CENSUS-CHAT-L] Soundex Question/Digital Census CD's [0.985413]
- We've talked at our library about whether or not to invest in the census cd's
and stop ordering microfilm. At the moment, we're going to continue getting
microfilm for the most part for library use because of these factors:
computer technology is changing so fast, not many years ago we used 5"
floppies, then 3", now cd rom, and there's something else that stuff is being
put on as well now. Five or 10 years from now, will there be computers than
can run the cd's?
cd indexes that get a lot of use ar
- 18. Re: [CENSUS-CHAT-L] 1890 Civil War Veterans census [0.985413]
- firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
>Have a question I hope someone can answer. I was going to order the
>microfilm of the 1890 Civil War Veterans censu but, it says that it is a
>enumeration of Union Veterans. Since all my anscestors came from the
>south and I feel they definately were Confederate this will not help me
>in anyway if it only lists the Union Vets. Is this correct? Is only
>the Union Veterans that were counted?
This census was, indeed, intended to be a count of Union Vets (and widows)
only. In the c
- 19. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] Primary travel route for pioneers going to the Mississippi Territory [0.985413]
- Primary travel route for pioneers going to the Mississippi Territory
Known as the "Old Federal Road," this primary travel route was conceived and
built to connect Fort Wilkinson, near Milledgeville, Georgia, to Fort
Stoddert, an American outpost north of Mobile, Alabama. Developed from the
1806-11 postal horse path that followed earlier Native American paths, the
Federal Road subsequently became a primary travel route for pioneers going to
the Mississippi Territory. The Federal Road functioned as an i
- 20. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] July 16, 1999 Updated AL-MO Census Lookup Volunteer List [0.985413]
- Hello all:
This has been a particularly good week for me in my family research! I found
5 new leads into my ancestors, was contacted by a cousin I never knew, and
located my birth mother (who I have never met nor corresponded with). Thanks
to all of you who made this success story possible.
On to matters concerning the lookup list. I am saddened to report that
Christine Helmick has asked to be removed from the list due to her recent
heart attack and her impending recovery period for the same. In
- 21. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] Lookup: 1870 Wisconsin, Columbia County [0.985413]
- Would someone please do a lookup for me in Wisconsin. The Town is Columbus. The County is Columbia I believe. I am looking for information regarding:
Sylvester P. SPRING; widowed; several children including a 2 year old daughter; he was born in NY. He may be residing in/near the BREWER household (his wife's family).
He was located on the 1860 in New York and again on the 1880 in New York. In 1869, his wife Julia died in Columbus WI so we believe they may have migrated there for a time and then he ret
- 22. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] 1830 Dickson Co. Tn. [0.985413]
- Hi List!
Iam Looking for James Lankford and family 1830 Dickson Co. Tn. He should
be in his mid forties and his wife Elizabeth abt. the same age. They are
my GGG grandparents. would be very thankful for any info. on them and
- 23. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] Index [0.985413]
- Can someone tell me where I can buy the soundex index's for various states
or counties within those states. I am homebound and cannot go to libraries
nor FHC's for research. I need to rent census microfilms from NARA but
first must figure out which films my ancestors would be on. Thank you
? Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119-:105
- 24. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] 1830 Paulding & Polk Co., Georgia [0.985413]
- Could someone please do a look up for me? In the 1850 & 1860 Polk Co.,
Ga. census, Susan BROOKS was listed as head of household with
children. I think she is a widow at this time. I am not sure as to
which BROOKS she was married to.
I need to know if she is listed on the 1840 or 1830 census. One of her
children was probably Alexander R. BROOKS.
BROOKS, Susan Pg. #230 Pumpkin Pile Location B260
- 25. [CENSUS-CHAT-L] 1820 Burke Co, NC Census Lookup Needed [0.985413]
- Is there by any chance a volunteer on this list who could look up Squire
BLALOCK/BLAYLOCK in 1820 Burke Co, NC and tell me his household info? I
realize there are no names in that census, but I'm hoping he had a
daughter -5 or perhaps it will say 1 male and 2 females, which would be
a GREAT help also!! Thanks!!
Please visit Rockett's Genealogy Web, a recommended website of The
History Channel http://www.kayrockett.com
CPU seconds used 0.341948