Archives Search Engine
Searching for: +path:pacambri
- 1. [PACAMBRI] 1975 Genealogy Request 
- >From the Lebanon Daily News 11 November 1975 Page 8
Column Name: Our Keystone Families/Genealogy
11. Alice F. Flowers, 335
Stark Ave., Greensburg. Pa.
15650 seeks info on pts.,
siblings, burial place of John
and Mary Bridge Flowers who
m. 4 Jul 1828 by Father
Demetrius Gallitzin at St.
Michael's Ch.. Loretto, Pa.
Their chn. were: Elizabeth, 21
Jul 1829, m. McCullough; Mary
Anna, 11 Apr 1832; Joseph
Michael, 19 May 1834. m. Eliza
Jane Findley; Sarah Ann, 3
May 1837. m. Stoup; Til
- 2. [PACAMBRI] FAmily TreeMaker 
- 3. [PACAMBRI] Obituary of Shirley A. Thompson 
- Altoona Mirror 11/22/2004
Shirley A. Thompson
Mrs. Shirley A. Thompson, 71, of Adamstown, PA., died Nov. 21, 2004. She was born March 24, 1933, in Altoona, the daughter of Alfred E. Hupert and Viola E. (Lantz) Hupert Healy. She married Gordon "Joe" Thompson, who preceded her in death.
Mrs. Thompson was a member of Our Mother of Perpetual Help Catholic Church, Ephrata. She was a graduate of Altoona High School. She was employed by Bollman Hat Co., Adamstown, for 43 years and enjoyed playing cards. She is
- 4. Re: [PACAMBRI] Michael Ford and Mary Gossard 
- As usual, I am way behind on reading the messages on this site. This message was received on Sept. 16, 2007.
< information on Margaret S. Rager, aged 46, married to David
McDevitt, age 54, on 19 April 1896. Parents listed as Michael Rager and
Thanks to Brian Cartwright for the information and the link to his website. Up to now, I had been unable to find information on my Ford ancestors. Michael and Mary Gossard Ford are my great-great grandparents. My maternal grandmother, Jessie Ford Jon
- 5. [PACAMBRI] GEHA surname in Johnstown, PA 1930 
I happened to look at the photo of the 1930 Johnstown High School footbal
team and there were 4 boys listed, who are likely brothers.
Andrew, Edward, Henry, and Fred, their surname is GEHA.
That surname is SYRIAN. Is anyone connected to that family?
I am in contact with a grand daughter of Susan Geha, who lived in Chicago,
IL and died there 1926. She was married to John Herbert Nasser.
If you are related or know more contact me.
- 6. [PACAMBRI] PA Cemetery Law 
In response to numerous emails I receive asking questions about abandoned and neglected cemeteries, I have tried to piece together a project for the PA USGenWeb Archives on Pennsylvania State Laws for Cemeteries and Cemetery Organizations. I would be most interested in hearing feedback about the effort, and welcome additional material if available. The link is at http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/pa/allegheny/pa-cemetery-law.htm
Co-coordinator Pennsylvania USGenWeb
- 7. [PACAMBRI] Ethel Weakland 
- The Tribune-Democrat
WEAKLAND - Ethel J. "Jackie" (Clayborne), 82, Northern Cambria, passed away into the presence of her Lord and Savior on Oct. 4, 2007, at home. Born Oct. 14, 1924, in Stovall, N.C., daughter of Ernest F. and Ethyl F. (Eggleston) Clayborne. Preceded in death by parents; husband of 61 years, Joseph H., in 2006; grandchildren, Timothy J. Riva and Heather L. and Ryan D. Weakland; brothers, Cecil B., Eugene B. and Douglas T. Clayborne; and sisters, Bethal M. Eastwood, Camilla T. Grizzard and
- 8. [PACAMBRI] RAGER, Jacob Milton 
- I have a Jacob Milton Rager, age 24, son of Isaac and Martha Rager that marries Clara Belle DeVore in 1908. I can't place him with any of my Isaac Ragers. He would have been born in 1884 which makes the mother in her 70's.
Any help appreciated.
RESEARCHING: Edwards; Fronk; Miller; Paul; Pfoutz; Rager; Campbell
Life should Not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in t
- 9. [PACAMBRI] Fw: Litzinger Obit - This was hard to type 
- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Mandy Failor"
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 8:58 PM
Subject: Re: [PACAMBRI] Litzinger Obit - This was hard to type
Oh Jack, that's so horrible. I do appreciate you sharing that with us.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
- 10. Re: [PACAMBRI] What Township is Cassandra in 
- Cassandra is in Jamestown off rte. 53 just outside Portage. It may be Washington TWSP.
St. Brigid's Catholis Church and cemetery are in Cassandra. What names are you looiing for because the entire "population" of the cemetery is available.
- 11. Re: [PACAMBRI] Litzinger Obit - This was hard to type 
- Elsie became Elsie Miller and died in Ohio, Sept 10, 1995. She was 85.
I have her in the 1930 Census in Tallmadge, Summit County, Ohio. She is
living in a group maternity home with her 4 month old twins Rosemarie and
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.16/1251 - Release Date: 1/30/2008
- 12. [PACAMBRI] FUNERAL HOMES 
- Please can anyone tell me if they remember the funeral home in Patton. I think back in the yr of 1942 in was Snyders Did anyone take it over that would have records of the dead buried from there? thank you
Please e mail me at email@example.com Thank you Kathy
- 13. Re: [PACAMBRI] More Blandburg Obits 
- Hi Carol,
Could you please send me a scanned copy of the obit for:
Valentine K, Gallaher-1951, Dec. 18-son of James and Ruth (Hollis) Gallaher,
husband of Emma J. (Boring)Gallaher.
Also, the article of accident for:
Frank Beers, Mrs Hazel (Krise) Beers and three year old son, killed in auto
crash in Boonsboro Md. No date but the article is about the accident.
Frank was son of Mr. and Mrs. John Beers of Bellwood. Hazel was daughter of
John and Stella Krise of Glasgow.
Thank you so much for doing t
- 14. [PACAMBRI] SAMPUBCO's going GREEN 
- With a fair and advance notice....
SAMPUBCO is going green.
Effective March 1, paper copy will not be available except in extreme
case (scan copy may not work in few cases).
Only scanned images will be sent out after March 1st.
W. David Samuelsen
- 15. [PACAMBRI] Need help with Margaret Hartnett 
- I am writing the Group in the hope of getting information surrounding
my great-grandmother Margaret Hartnett.
Margaret was born about 1883 in Pennsylvania,
perhaps in Johnstown. Also settling
in Johnstown is William Hartnett,
who I believe is her brother. William was born about 1874 in Wales.
Therefore, by deduction the Hartnett family arrived in the US
and Pennsylvania between 1874 and
In 1900, Margaret"s future mother-in-law, Sarah Jordan lived
at 156 Peelor Street with
her five childre
- 16. Re: [PACAMBRI] Agnes Farrell md Bartholomew Sutton 
Cambria County Deaths of Volume II:
Thomas Farrell, age 104, died 27 Apr 1898 in Clearfield Twp., Cambria Co.,
PA. He was born in Ireland. He was ill three weeks and died of old age. He
was buried 30 Apr 1898 in St. Augustine. Death was recorded 20 May 1898.
In a message dated 1/15/2008 5:19:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Agnes Alline Farrell November 27, 1833 - November 13, 1920
d/o of Thomas Farrell (born 1797 - died between 1860-1870) and Jane
- 17. Re: [PACAMBRI] Star Bottling Company 
- Dear List,
I am trying to find some information on the Star Bottling
Company of Johnstown. Did anyone ever hear of the company
and about what time was it in existence.
- 18. Re: [PACAMBRI] Pfeister, Crawford 
Your Aunt Rose Crawford was raised by Dave and Ella (Warner) Pfeister.
Rose was born 13 June 1901 in Iowa. She became a Catholic nun and is better
known as Sister Mary Angelus OSF. She died 23 October 1988 in Baltimore
Maryland. Rose's brother, Howard would occasionally visit her in Cresson.
I contacted Sister Mary Angelus sometime in the early 80's. Somewhere in
my files I have the letter she sent back to me.
I don't know that I can tell you too much more about R
- 19. [PACAMBRI] gillin, hubbard, sanders 
- Does anyone know of a Clyde Gillin who lived in Geistown in 1937-1940, and at the same time and possibly later on, an Elaine Sanders, and a Honey Hubbard? Does any one have the house and street number where that Gillin lived then. Am trying to locate that info as an assist for a person who lives out of town and was trying to put together their place of residence back then.
James Thomas Rosenbaum
310 Melvin Street
Johnstown, Cambria Co., PA 15904-1219
- 20. Re: [PACAMBRI] Funeral Home 
- Thanks to you all I have my answer so I thought I'd share it with everyone
> It looks as though it was located in Carlisle, PA - see the attached link:
> Does anyone know where this Funeral Home is located? We have a card from
> 1960 that has this funeral home on it..
> Schulenberger and Roth Funeral Home
> Thanks Barb
> - - - - - - - - - -
> Search for more Cambria County information on our webpage:
- 21. Re: [PACAMBRI] Agnes Farrell md Bartholomew Sutton 
- Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:14 PM
> If this Thomas Farrell is the son of John and Lydia McGuire Farrell as I
> suspect, he could not have been born in Ireland. His father John served in
> the >Maryland Line in the Revolutionary War in 1778 long before Thomas was
> born. I have copies of the pension file. My ancestor was Thomas' sister
> Mary >Farrell Donoughe.
The reason I asked the question of her parents is that of the trees on
Ancestry, only one had Thomas Farrell and Henrietta Jane Kirkpatr
- 22. [PACAMBRI] Ensley email 
- Hello list,
Looking for a working email for Brian Ensley.
**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.
- 23. [PACAMBRI] Regis Noel 
- I would to contact Regis Noel, Jr. I understand, from my cousin, you are interested in the genealogy of your family. I do not have your e-mail address.
I would like to hear from you.
Joan Sanchez (Sanchezpast@comcast.net)
- 24. Re: [PACAMBRI] yearbooks early 1900's? 
- Hello Maureen & List,
You asked "Are there yearbooks for the early 1900's for someone
who attended school in Johnstown?
What are the high schools for someone who lived in Dale Borough?"
Try visiting the Cambria Schools Pages at
http://www.rootsweb.com/~pacambr2 for yearbook and class photographs.
The earliest Johnstown yearbook currently on the site is 1910
As far as I know, early 1900 Dale residents attended school in Dale
but I am unsure as to when the "all grades" sort of school became separ
- 25. [PACAMBRI] GALLAGHER 
- Hi If there is a Jennie Amrhein that lives in Altoona out there could you please e mail me My computer had crashed and I lost e mail addresses I have a question that you might be able to answer for me. I have most of info on the Gallagher's and am starting to put the family tree together with one little part missing and maybe its in some of your work. Thank you Kathy Gallagher
CPU seconds used 0.246962