Archives Search Engine
Searching for: +path:donauschwaben-villages
- 251. Re: [DVHH] [BANAT-L] Who decided that? 
There also was a large Schwabenlager camp in Groedig, a town about 7
miles from Salzburg Austria.
We were mostly Donauschwaben folks, all of us were from Jugoslavia.
I don't remember how we were selected for a camp, but I do remember
being trucked around from camp to camp (Linz, Saalfelden, ...) in
Austria....until we finally settled at the Schwabenlager Groedig in 1945..
Katharine Samuelson wrote:
>John & Eve
>You both mentioned Linz DP camp. Does anyone know if there was a roster
- 252. [DVHH] Roll Call 2008; SZEHNER/SEHNER, Busiasch/Buzias/Billed 
- SZEHNER/SEHNER, Village: Busiasch/Buzias, Billed
- 253. [DVHH] FW: Searching the name Kutschera. 
The name Kutschera is found in Alexanderhausen. You can check it out on
[mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Anne
Sent: 23-Jan-08 3:06 PM
Subject: [DVHH] Searching the name Kutschera.
I'm new at this, so please forgive me with my stupid questions. I
- 254. Re: [DVHH] Fw: [BANAT-L] Who decided that? 
- Hello Alex
Thank you for the information you so readily gave. But as you may not know
my circumstances, I would like to offer the following.
On October 22 1944 my mother, brother & I fled Lowas and took a train to
Dresden. My mother waited for my father, but he never came, so she made the
trip back, only to be deterred in Gakowa. She offered to run a pig farm in
Lager Backi Breg (Bereg by the Hungarian Grenze). This she accomplished
with the help of my teenage brother. Early 1947 we escaped the La
- 255. Re: [DVHH] Roll Call: CHRISTOF, FORSTHOFFER, PEIDL, REINHART, RUISZ, STERN, WESTERGOM - Central Highlands 
- Jim -- I went to school with a Ray Peidl in College Point, NY. Are you
related to him? Susan
----- Original Message -----
From: "jim peidl"
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 10:13 AM
Subject: [DVHH] Roll Call: CHRISTOF, FORSTHOFFER, PEIDL, REINHART,
RUISZ,STERN, WESTERGOM - Central Highlands
> Here is my Roll Call list of surnames & villages, all in the Central
> Highlands / Veszprem County / Bakony region:
> AKKERMAN / Romand
- 256. [DVHH] Anna Taugner Birth abt: 1894 Germany/Hungary 
- I am looking for any information on Anna Taugner Birth abt: 1894 Hungary/Germany immigrated to US 1912 I was told. I do not know much, but would like to. I was told she had a brother Phillip and a sister Catherine, parents unknown. But I have had no success on finding anything on them. I do know Anna married Conrad Leitermann and they lived in Huron county, Michigan in 1920 census. But as far as her family, parents, where she was from, birth date having no luck. So if anyone has any information I would so m
- 257. Re: [DVHH] Searching the name Kutschera. 
- Anne -- I am also curious about your name Sekura.
My mother's cousin (of Bohemian descent) married Lawrence Seykora, also of
Bohemian/Czech descent. I'm wondering if there is a connection - perhaps
Sekura and Seykora are variant spellings of the same name.
Some Banaters had origins in Bohemia. Just wondering. Susan
----- Original Message -----
From: "Anne Sekura"
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:06 PM
Subject: [DVHH] Searc
- 258. [DVHH] Roll Call 2008 
- Roll Call 2008
Remich, Uivar/ Gross Jetscha/Szollos
Romich, Gross Jetscha
Mutter, Gross Jetscha
Ott, Gross Jetscha
Wingeron/Vingero, Gross Jetscha
Gimpel - Gross Jetscha
Jochem - Gross Jetscha
Hu - Gross Jetscha
Maier - Perjamosch
Schneider, - Mercidorf
Berg - Mercidorf
Laub, - Bogarosch
Beringer/Biringer/Piringer, - Bogarosch
Gille/Giele, Mary/Marianna abt.1877 - Johannesfeld
- 259. Re: [DVHH] [BANAT-L] Who decided that? 
- oops forgot to send to the list also
> My parents and siblings were in a dp camp not far from Linz - in fact mom
> said dad drove his bike to work in Linz while they lived at Lager Haid by
> Ansfeldon. They were placed there after trying to get into Germany in 1947
> and found the border closed to refugees at that time. I will try and ask
> mom if she remembers how the decision was made for their placement there,
> but I know that almost all of my family members were there eventually as if
- 260. [DVHH] ROLL CALL 
- SIGMUND & SCHORSCH from St. Hubert, Soltur, Charleville, Molidorf, Hatzfeld,
Heufeld, Mastort & adjoining areas.
**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.
- 261. [DVHH] Wituschek family from Obrovac and Filipowa 
- Any Wituschek researchers out there..........
Wituschek are from the Batscka and many related to the AMENT family. Cousin Greta Schulmeister Wituschek thought this information may be helpful. I enjoyed her Goose story so I would like to pass it on to everyone as she wishes.
My father Stefan SCHULMEISTER (schoolmaster) born 7.12.1899 in Valpovo, my mother Theresia born Fuchs, born 22.4.07. My father was an only child, his parents were Duro (Georg) Schulmeister. He died 1939 (when?) at the
- 262. [DVHH] TV all over the world 
- For those of you who are talented in multi-languages, this is a very interesting site (free) where you can TV from everywhere in the world including Germany, Romania and Hungary. I wish I understood what was going on. I think I was just looking at a Romanian soap opera.
- 263. Re: [DVHH] Kula 
- Could anyone shed some light on where Kula is? I know that my great
grandmother was from Neu Verbasz near Kula. I am still trying to find
her immigration info and I have checked Verbas and Ujverbasz, Neu
Werbas, but never Kula. Is Kula a town I should try? What others are
nearby or possibilities that I should try? Anyone have any
recomendations? I am so stumped by this. Her sister Erszebet Wagner
was found and she put "Ujverbasz" as her home town. Can't find Maria
Wagner though an
- 264. Re: [DVHH] DONAUSCHWABEN-VILLAGES Digest, Vol 3, Issue 23 
- Thank you all for your input. I believe the consensus is leading toward the definition of a low level farm laborer.
Once Again Thank you,
1. Re: Word look up please - Dienstknech (William Juhl)
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 21:30:05 -0600
From: "William Juhl"
Subject: Re: [DVHH] Word look up please - Dienstknech
To: , ,
- 265. [DVHH] 2008 Roll Cal - Batschka Villages Bereg, Csatalja & Kolut 
- ANSTETT, Anna Veronika B. ? D. ?
FELDES, Julianna b.,? D. Kolut
HAFELE, Magdalena B. Abt. 1790 ? D. 1832 Kolut
HECKENBERGER, Mathias B. Abt. 1782 ? D. Kolut 1841
HECKENBERGER, Michael B Abt 1812 ?. Kolut D. Kolut 1880
HECKENBERGER, Andreas B. Kolut 1858 D. Michigan 1932
HECKENBERGER, Anna B. Kolut 1884 D. Florida 1979
KAUFMAN, Helena B. abt 1783 ? D. 1841 Kolut
KEIL, Peter B. abt 1791 ? D. 1849 Kolut
KEIL, Maria Anna B. abt 1811 ? D. 1866 Kolut
KELLER, Thomas B. Abt. 1787 ? D. 1856
- 266. Re: [DVHH] match found GUTWEIN/LOHRMANN 
- Hello Brigitte,
thank you for the confirmation. But what was Maria Helena Christina's, the mother's, family name? It is missing in your text.
Danke f|r die Bestdtigung. Aber wie lautet der Nachname der Mutter Maria Helena Christina? Der fehlt in Deinem Text.
> -----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
- 267. Re: [DVHH] deciphering church records 
I also have seen oo or Ioo, what is their meaning. Also Tz.
Now I have a family name listed as, Go41 GAYER Johann: Sv G. Peter und
Kaiser Magdalena * 02.09.1821 Kernei G464 +12.06.1878
oo 22.11.1840 Tz Mann Peter und Kemmer Jakob
PREISSICH Katharina: Tv P. Nikolaus und Spreitzer Anna *29.03.1821 +
From all this I got,
1. G041 = ??
2. Gayer, Johann: Sv G. Peter und Kaiser Magdalena = my GGGrandfather
was the son of Peter and Magdalena Kaiser
- 268. Re: [DVHH] Roll Call 2008 Piringer - Bogarosch 
- Hello Helen, hello Nick,
I'm new to this list but maybe I can help. Are your
1. Reiplinger Jakob, born 04 April 1749 in Keuchingen, Mettlach, LK
Merzig-Wadern, Saarland, Germany, profession taylor
Katharina, born 06 Februar 1738 Borg
- Pillingerhof, Perl, LK Merzig-Wadern, Saarland, Germany
who married on 02 November 1767 in T|nsdorf, Mettlach, LK Merzig-Wadern, Saarland, Germany?
Around 1768 they emigrated to Banat.
If you go to this website: http://e-pese
- 269. [DVHH] Passing German down the line 
- I certainly don't mean to toot my own horn, but this is a resource
that may be of interest to some: http://etd.uwaterloo.ca/etd/
It is my Master's thesis which I'd written several years ago. For it,
I interviewed almost 30 local Germans (many Donauschwaben) about
passing on their language and culture to their children. This was a
case study, so I looked at a small handful of families for 3
generations. The transcripts to the interviews are at the back of the
document. The wor
- 270. Re: [DVHH] Query (WAGNER-family from Neuwerbass / Novi Vrbas) 
- In addition to Kurt's facts, here are some dates for Paul and Elisabeth
WAGNER. Thanks to Kurt ! With your help we can find exact dates for
these two family-members:
Paul WAGNER * 31.Dec.1885, bapt. 01. Jan. 1886
Son of Georg WAGNER, molnar = miller, and KRATZ Erzsebet
Hs-# 166, Neuwerbass
Godfather/godmother: KIRST Paul, KURZ Erzsebet,
Midwife: SCHNEIDER Erzsebet
Erzsebet WAGNER * 05. Jan.1878; bapt. 13. Jan 1878
Daughter of WAGNER Georg, molnar and KRATZ Erzsebet, ev.
HsNr. 166 in Neuwerbass
- 271. Re: [DVHH] Fw: The name Amand 
"Why not North America?."
Well, there were some who probable never heard about the Indians. Some of
the listers might find this very interesting.
On 26.04.1729, - Brunner Josef, from Klein-Schifferstadt, (religion, reform)
with wife and 3 children; (Johann, 18; Heinrich Elias 6; Maria Catharina
19), Brunner (Prunder) Josef, with wife Catharina Elisabeth, (nee Thomas)
and children, Johannes, was sick on the arrival, and Johann Heinrich, came
together with Christian Gvtz, and Johann Waydmann, arri
- 272. [DVHH] Serbian/Croatian translation 
- Hello list,
Is there anyone that can help me with a Serbian/Croatian translation? It is
quite a lengthy letter my mom received for Christmas and she doesn't
understand most of it anymore. She isn't willing to admit this though.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- 273. [DVHH] GUTWEIN 
- Hello Darlene and Noelle!
my tree fits in at Philipp Karl GUTWEIN *19.12.1797 in Sekitsch, +28.02.1871 in Sekitsch
son of Adam Friedrich Wilhelm GUTWEIN and Christina JANTZEN
oo 25.01.1817 to Elisabetha LOHRMANN *24.04.1798, +1871
Elisabetha Lohrmann is the sister of my four time greatgrandfather
Jakob Lohrmann *25.01.1791 in Sekitsch
oo 13.11.1810 in Sekitsch to Barbara Katharina BIEBER (no further data so far).
You find this tree on
- 274. [DVHH] Hermine - please contact me 
- This is for Hermine Linz, if you are still on the list. I have a map you
may be interested in - tried to send it to the email address I had and it
- 275. Re: [DVHH] Roll call names for Schwabische Turkei 
- Hello Christine Jean,
Do you have an Izmeny Familienbuch? If not, I can look up your names for
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christine Jean Szigeti-Johnson"
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 12:24 AM
Subject: [DVHH] Roll call names for Schwabische Turkei
> *All of these are in Tolna megye*
> *Kis Tormas*
CPU seconds used 0.240964