Archives Search Engine
Searching for: +path:donauschwaben-villages
- 401. [DVHH] Ruma Roman Catholic Church Records 
I'm looking for the Ruma Roman Catholic Church archives.B I believe the church was/is Exaltation of the Holy Cross parish.B The years I'm interested in are 1870 -1875, 1890-1903, 1909 -1917.B My GG Grandmother was born in Ruma in 1873.B Her maiden name was Elizabeth Pendl.B She then married an Ivan Hoffman, and hadB 4 children (that I know of), one of which is my Great Grandmother, Eva Hoffman.B Ivan Hoffman diedB around 1913 as passed down to me through the family.B Elizabeth then married a
- 402. [DVHH] Can't open messsages 
- Hi, I have not been able to open my messages the last couple of days. I am
pretty sure it has to do with this site cause I am not having trouble with
any other sites.
Also I have tried twice to change from digest to list. I tried to sign up
for list by joining on the website but nothing has happened.
Hope u can help me!
Thanks so much,
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 2:00 AM
- 403. Re: [DVHH] Looking for town of Kisjeca 
- Thank you Robert and Stephen!
> From: Robert Evensen
>To: Barbara Koch ; DVHH
>Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:55 PM
>Subject: Re: [DVHH] Looking for town of Kisjeca
>The town you want is Klein Jetscha.B There is a Familienbuch for the village
>which may give you more information.
>From: Barbara Koch
>Sent: Thursday, February 20,
- 404. Re: [DVHH] Ruma Roman Catholic Church Records 
My understanding is that the Ruma Catholic Church records are in fact held
in the Sremska Mitrovica archives.
From: Eric Jiran < email@example.com >
Subject: [DVHH] Ruma Roman Catholic Church Records
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 21:58:17 -0800 (PST)
I'm looking for the Ruma Roman Catholic Church archives. I believe the
church was/is Exaltation of the Holy Cross parish. The years I'm interested
in are 1870 -1875, 1890-1903, 1909 -1917.
- 405. [DVHH] With Heartfelt Sympathy 
- Dear Roy,
Please accept my deepest Sympathy at this sad time.
I am praying for you and your family,
- 406. [DVHH] Tschestereg Book 
- A user on the DVHH Facebook page is looking for someone with the Tschestereg
Book to do a lookup.
Looking for information on Christopher Wasche and Elizabeth Schumer.
- 407. [DVHH] Potrochek, Botroschek, Petrosek, Betrosek and variants 
- Looking for information on
(Potroschek, Botroschek, Betrosek, Petroschek or variiant)
b. 16 Nov 1879 or near there...see two records one with this date and another with no date.
Place. the 1879 record says Kowatschi
other says Tem. or may be Jahrmarkt ALL places are of interest.
mother: Emilia Kirschner who later married Friedrich Pautz (Bautz in Kow.)
he married Anna Weissgerber who was born in Arad.
Konrad 7 Sept 1915 Kow.
Aloisia 24 Aub 1917 Kow.
- 408. Re: [DVHH] This is a test 
- Jody, check your "junk" mail. reset setting for dvhh site so that maybe the posting won't be misdirected. Don
On Friday, February 7, 2014 12:19 AM, Jody McKim Pharr wrote:
I have not been receiving my mail list posting for months.
If this is posted, please respond back to me (off the list).
If I can't get it going, I plan to contact the Help desk at Rootsweb.
Miss you all so much.
- 409. Re: [DVHH] Looking for Botyen Mathias, Kowatschi 
- Liane, did you receive this?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Linda Bautz McKenna"
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:08 PM
Subject: Re: [DVHH] Looking for Botyen Mathias, Kowatschi
> Hello Liane,
> Here is what I found :pgs 15, 16
> Familienbuch der Gemeinde Kowatschi im Banat
> von Jakob Arenz
> Mathias was indeed born 24 August 1863 in Kowatshci. His parents were
> Peter and Anna MC
- 410. Re: [DVHH] Looking for town of Kisjeca 
- Barbara ... keep in mind re: the manifest. When people stated where they were
from, it all depended on the year they travelled. Country boundaries were
redrawn with the Treat of Trianon (I think this is the one).
For instance, my relatives cames from Glogowatz, Hungary; After the war, that
area was part of Romania.
I suggest looking up the history of the boundaries of this country.
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 20:47:13 -0600
> To: email@example.com
> CC: D
- 411. [DVHH] Seeking Petrovsky estate owner in Baranya 
- My Martin family lived in Mucsi, Tolna, for many years. Claudius
Florimundus County Mercy was the estate owner.
Recently, I found my great grandparents living in Marscz in Baranya Megye,
which was in the Catholic parish of Kvbliny.
According to the 1874 Catholic directory for the archdiocese of Pics (
F|nfkirchen), the estate owner of Kvbliny was the Petrovsky family.
Would anyone know of online or offline resources for the land owners in
Baranya Megye, especially the Petrovsky family?
The names I found
- 412. [DVHH] Need Latin translator 
- I would like to hire a good Latin translator who is familiar with genealogy
and also with Catholic Church Latin.
Can anyone help? Google Translate is not helpful.
There's no time like the past.
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
- 413. [DVHH] Birda Heimatbuch? 
- Birda.(Heimatbuch). Ca. 1998, city and publisher unknown. 42,-
DM. Contact: Helmuth Schwartz, Schwarzgrabenweg 21, 85757 Karlsfeld (Germany) or
Peter Gerhold, Reichenbergerstr 12, 87437 Kempten (Germany).
I am looking for anyone who has this book. I need information on Georg
Hutflotz born 1860 in Birda, died 1906 in Liebling, Austra-Hungary and
his wife Katharina Munz born 1863 in Liebling, Austra-Hungary, and died 1922 in Liebling, Austra-Hungary. They were married in Liebling,
Austra-Hungary and h
- 414. [DVHH] HAPPY BIRTHDAY 
- Dear Alex:
Your knowledge and generosity in sharing it has been a blessing to the DVHH,
the List and its many fellow researchers over the years. Thank you and
you many birthday blessings in return!!
My best to you,
- 415. Re: [DVHH] Looking for town of Kisjeca 
- The town you want is Klein Jetscha. There is a Familienbuch for the village
which may give you more information.
From: Barbara Koch
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:37 PM
Subject: [DVHH] Looking for town of Kisjeca
Magdalena Borscheller Quitter (b. 1861), was married and lived most of her
in Hatzfeld. I always thought she was born there, but I recently found her
Ellis Island record (1921) indicating that her birthplace w
- 416. Re: [DVHH] Looking for town of Kisjeca. 
- Hi Susan,
B Yes, after I read Stephen's message, I looked up the Hatzfeld history and learned that it was a part of Yugoslavia between 1918 and 1924. Then it became a part of Romania.
B Thanks to everyone for their help.
> From: Susan Sander
>To: Stephen Schultz ; Barbara Koch
>Sent: Friday, February 21, 2014 9:02 AM
>Subject: RE: [DVHH] Looking for
- 417. [DVHH] WASCHE/SCHUMMER 
- Hi Noelle
I have the Tschestereg book and there are 4.5 pages of Wasche all appear related.
There is a Christoph Wasche b. 15.8.1817 in Kathreinfeld married twice and there
are several Elisabeth Schummer.
Have them contact me direct with more information on the people she is looking for,
> Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 19:09:24 -0500
> From: "Noelle Giesse"
> Subject: [DVHH] Tschestereg Book
> To: "Donauschwab en Villages"
> Message-ID: <00320
- 418. Re: [DVHH] Looking for town of Kisjeca 
- I suspect you are looking for Klein Jeschka, a village not far away from Hatzfeld/Jimbolia. Kis is the Hungarian word for Small or "Klein" in German.
Willow Creek Developments Ltd.
> On Feb 20, 2014, at 8:37 PM, Barbara Koch wrote:
> My great-grandmother,
> Magdalena Borscheller Quitter (b. 1861), was married and lived most of her life
> in Hatzfeld. I always thought she was born there, but I recently found her
> Ellis Island record (1921) indicating that her birthp
- 419. [DVHH] Fwd: Re: With heartfelt sympathy 
- Sympathy and prayers to Roy Engel and family.
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [DVHH] With heartfelt sympathy
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 14:16:03 -0600
From: Glenn Schwartz
Sincere condolences Roy on your loss.
President, Zichydorf Village Association (http://zichydorfonline.org)
Searching: Schwartz, Kleckner, Schvnherr in Zichydorf, Banat; Sch|ssler, Millecker, Lenhardt in Kudritz, Banat; Sc
- 420. Re: [DVHH] Need Latin translator - Two 
- Thank you for those who have offered help with a Latin translation. Sorry,
but I should have been more specific.
I located the 1874 directory for the Catholic Archdiocese of Pecs
(Funfkirchen) Hungary. It is entirely in Latin, and it lists all the
parishes in the archdiocese and gives a short history of each parish. I am
very interested in a translation for the parish in Kobleny. It is three
short pages in length and seems to be the only history of that small town.
Thanks again for all the suggestions.
- 421. Re: [DVHH] Can't open messsages 
- I don't mean to be a smart alec, but you were able to open this message and
On Monday, February 17, 2014, Eve wrote:
> Hello Barb,
> I don't know why they won't open for you, but I did change your status to
> plain as opposed to digest. Let me know if that changes anything for you.
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Barb D >
> > Hi, I have not been able to open my messages the last couple of days. I
> > pretty sur
- 422. [DVHH] BOHNERT from Kernei and Tschonopel 
- I'm researching my Bohnert relatives, many came to USA from Kernei.
My great grandfather was Jakob Bohnert b.1893 in Kernei, he came to America
His father was Johann b.1858 in Tschonopel, married to Anna Ott
Family history has his father as Wilhelm b. 1822 in Tschonopel, but I have
been unable to find anything concrete after this point.
Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you so much
- 423. Re: [DVHH] Birda Heimatbuch? Hutflotz/Munz 
- One of my favorite things to try is to google the surname, such as --
"Hutflotz genealogy", quotes not necessary. I just did that and got some
And perhaps you already have these from Dave Dreyer's ship list
HUTFLOSZ Martin -[H314]- Age: 20 -From: Liebling
-DtAr: Thursday, 10 Nov 1927 - To: Winnipeg, MB -Via: Bre/Hal -Ship:
-Note: Accompanied by wife, Eva 19. Father, Martin Hulflosz, lives at
- 424. [DVHH] NACHBRUN/NACHBRUNN 
- Hi Pat
I found a marriage for a John Nachbrunn 29.9.1910 in New York (he married a Margaret Fich) - parents listed are Philip Nachbrunn and Catherine Kalch.
there are other Philip Nachbrun listed for Orzyfalva but b.d. are earlier - good chance these were related
> Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 13:20:55 -0800 (PST)
> From: Pat Ford
- 425. [DVHH] MACK 
- Hi Sharon
Istvan falu is Istanfalva
>From familysearch.org there is a WW1 draft card for Martin, showing his birthdate as Nov. 16 1892. While the place of birth on the WW1 registration is not what you show, I would chalk it up to poor English spoken and the person filling out the form not understanding/ not hearing correctly what was said.
You may also want to check variations for spelling of Mack - Mak, Mack, Maack, Maak, Makk
> Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014
CPU seconds used 0.242962