Archives Search Engine
Searching for: +path:nygenese
- 101. [NYGENESE] Genesee history dept. and museum 
- Has anyone local seen the newspaper with Matt Betters "grand plan" to yank
all funding from our Genesee County Museum (The Holland Land Office) and the
Genesee County History Department? (Among other things) I am
speechless!...... well unless I ever see him that is.
Our county is one of the best in the state for genealogy research. People
from all over e-mail me and tell me that all the time! I am simply
It made me think of that tee shirt.........
"Your Village called,....their idiot i
- 102. [NYGENESE] VANALSTINE (VANALSTYNE) 
- Hello All,
This came over on the general NY list. Thought I would pass it along due to
the VANALSTINE / VANALSTYNE name. ;-)
Jusy in case anyone can help her.
I have a Sarah WILLARD born 26 June 1832 in NY. No known county or town.
On her death record it says her father was Samuel WILLARD born in NY also.
She married George W. VANALSTINE (VANALSTYNE) on 18 October 1848 in
unknown place. Possibly NY as he lived there a time.
- 103. [NYGENESE] HAWLEY Fw: [NYMONROE-L] Monroe Co., NY July 4, 1906 (part 2) 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2001 12:33 AM
Subject: [NYMONROE-L] Monroe Co., NY July 4, 1906 (part 2)
> Rochester, Monroe, NY
> Democrat & Chronicle
> July 4, 1906
> Miss Pearl Van Scoter the Bride of a Hornell Man
> Bath, July 3 - The wedding of Miss Pearl, younger daughter of Mr. and Mrs.
> Wilson P. VAN SCOTER, of this village, and Frederick SHUTE of Hornell, was
> celebrated at 4 o'clock this afternoon, at
- 104. [NYGENESE] BRADE/ MILLER death 
- BRADE - Florence (nee Miller) 6/5/01
Of Corfu, NY, June 4, 2001. Wife of the late Arthur V. Brade; mother of
Jerold (Beverly) Brade, Lee A. Brade, Linda Lou (Bennie) Ianni and the late
Bruce Brade; mother-in-law of Doris Brade; sister of Norma Stockweather and
the late Edna Bates Seuss; 21 grandchildren, several great-grandchildren and
one great great-grandchild also survive. No calling hours. A Memorial Service
will be held at the Corfu United Presbyterian Church on Sunday, June 10, 2001
at 1 PM
- 105. [NYGENESE] Vacation reminder 
PASSWORD CENTRAL http://passwordcentral.rootsweb.com/
Going on vacation or an extended business trip and worried that
your e-mail will overflow while you are gone? Go to PASSWORD
CENTRAL http://passwordcentral.rootsweb.com/ , type your e-mail
address, and ask for a list of all the RootsWeb-hosted mailing
lists to which you are subscribed. In a few minutes, you will
receive an e-mail with the requested list. Send an e-mail that
says only UNSUBSCRIBE in the message to EVERY list, using an
address in this fo
- 106. Re: [NYGENESE] Ellis Island Records 
- Unsubscribe me please.
- 107. [NYGENESE] Re: Holland Land Grant Library Funding 
- List Members,
I wrote to the Genesee county site and received a very nice reply. I
hope my message helps continue the county funding for the library. My
message and the reply I received are included below.
From: "Genesee County Legislature Office"
To: "J.M. (Jay) Ingalls"
Subject: Re: Holland Land Grant Library Support
Date: Friday, June 22, 2001 9:27 AM
Thank you for your email addressed to the Genesee County Legislature.
- 108. Re: [NYGENESE] Genesee history dept. and museum 
- Any plans for a letter campaign? I live out of New York, and have visited
the museum and the staff have been helpful. I want to go back.
I become a contributor to the community when I stay in a motel and have my
meals in town. I wonder if the person knows that is happening.
> Good Grief!!!!!!! I hadn't seen the paper with that article yet. "Grand
> Plan", my
> eye! I think we need to have everyone deluge him with letters to let him
> know just
> what we think of that idea. I don'
- 109. [NYGENESE] Cemeteries in Batavia, NY 
Can someone tell me if there is a record of the cemeties in Batavia NY or a record of the Revolutionary Soldiers buried in Batavia NY vicinity. I am in search of the grave of John Hubbard Rev. Sol. and his second wife Eunice Moore and/or his third wife Agnes Wheeler. Thanks for your time. Jane Germann Storm Lake, IA
- 110. [NYGENESE] Re: NYGENESE-D Digest V01 #104 
- Great going Cindy, I'm here in NM rooting you on. Go get them girl.
Volunteer for Dona Ana County, NM
- 111. [NYGENESE] Democrat & Chronicle 7/4/1906 
- Transcribed by Glenda Whitaker Subyak...
Rochester, Monroe, NY
Democrat & Chronicle
July 4, 1906
ALEXANDER FARMER CANNOT BE FOUND
While Looking for Him Sheriff Found an Unknown Insane Man
Batavia, July 3 - Edward CLARK, of Alexander, a farmer, has disappeared from
home, and is said to be wandering around the country in a demented condition.
He left home June 25th(?) He was last reported as having been seen several
miles from home and in the woods. He is 55 years old, sober and industrious,
and for a
- 112. [NYGENESE] REILLY MURDERS 
- Dear Fran, I am not familiar with this particular crime. I suggest you might check the Buffalo News or the Rochester Democrat for they may have carried the story. What does amaze me is I had just finished reading my Rootsweb list for McKean County, Pa., where I read about another Reilly murder, then read your story here. I also knew a Reilly murderer from 20/25 years ago in the Buffalo area. He was a genealogist also. What a strange world!!??! You might also check the local historical society in the area of
- 113. Re: [NYGENESE] Genesee County History 
- Betty and all,
Are these the total amounts it costs to run for the entire
year? Is the county now covering all costs--ie: staff salaries,
equipment, building etc.?
The $60,000 that the county contributes to run the museum is small, your
right, to operate a whole museum. That is what the county contributes. The
rest of the funds they have to come up with themselves. Fund raising is
done by the Holland Purchase Historical Society.
As for the county history department, that is total o
- 114. Re: [NYGENESE] Newspaper articles 8/9/1906 
- Thanks for posting these newspaper obituaries. One of these days I'll find
one with my Roberts/Robertson family member in it.
Harold Ralston, to send me message, remove \bogus from address.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 2:53 PM
Subject: [NYGENESE] Newspaper articles 8/9/1906
> Transcribed by Glenda Whitaker Subyak...
> Rochester, Monroe, NY
> Democrat & Chronicle
> Aug. 9, 1906
> Sad Death of the Young Wife of
- 115. [NYGENESE] REILLY MURDER CIRCA 1950s 
- This is a repeat of a letter I posted several years ago. I would appreciate information on this crime. Thanks, Fran
In the 1950 there was a murder of a young boy named Jerry Reilly from the
Francis Road area outside of Batavia, Genesee County, NY. I went to school
in Alexander, NY. with this boy, and at the time most of the students in
my class were told very little about the crime. I have looked in the files
of the Batavia Daily News and could not find any articles about it.
Does anyone re
- 116. Re: [NYGENESE] VANALSTINE (VANALSTYNE) 
- Have a GEORGE W. VAN ALSTYNE in the Fishell family tree but he is too
young. as his father, William J. was born in 1867.
As I remember there is a Van Alstyne family history at the Richmond Library,
Batavia. Also, of course, Mary Van Alstyne in Batavia may have info...
joanie----- Original Message -----
From: "Cindy Amrhein"
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 11:52 PM
Subject: [NYGENESE] VANALSTINE (VANALSTYNE)
> Hello All,
> This came over on the general NY
- 117. Re: [NYGENESE] Cemeteries in Batavia, NY 
Abstract of Graves of Revolutionary Patriots on Ancestry.com has this
HUBBARD, John Batavia NY 15 Abstract of Graves of Revolutionary Patriots,
Vol.2, p. -Serial: 6924; Volume: 14
Where "Batavia NY 15" indicates that the DAR discovered and reported the
grave in their annual report for their fiscal year of April 1914 to April
1915. Their annual report was to the Smithsonian and they are on file in
Washington, DC at the DAR Library and the FHL in Salt Lake City. There is no
entry under cem
- 118. [NYGENESE] Genealogy in Genesee County 
- Yes it is me again, Alabama Historian. Still thinking about our Legislator
who wants to cut our funding to the museum and history department in Genesee
County. Got an email off another list about the woes and rewards of
genealogy that was printed in the Wall Street Journal June 15th 2001.
In it it said "In all, a recent poll by Maritz Marketing Research found that
interest in genealogy has risen 33% since 1995."
So I went to that co
- 119. [NYGENESE] Re: NYGENESE-D Digest V01 #109 
- Glad to hear it!.......Bob Clayton ,Genesee County Michigan
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 8:00 PM
Subject: NYGENESE-D Digest V01 #109
- 120. [NYGENESE] Genesee County History 
- Hello all, Cindy Amrhein the "homeless historian" here, if they take
away your research places and mine!
Well I am happy to see that I was bombarded with emails in protest of
Matt Betters plan to cut funding to both our museum, The Holland Land
Office, and our county history department.
I will answer your questions in the following order, in case you get bored
and want to delete now.
First: The Holland Land Office Museum
Second: Who is Matt Betters and what is he proposing.
Third: My comments on the
- 121. [NYGENESE] Cemeteries in Batavia, NY 
My ancestors, Israel Hill & Lucy Emerson, are buried at North
Pembroke, Genesee, NY.
Israel was born 3 May 1785, too late to be in the Revolutionary War.
> >Can someone tell me if there is a record of the cemeties in Batavia
> >a record of the Revolutionary Soldiers buried in Batavia NY
> >am in search of the grave of John Hubbard Rev. Sol. and his second
> >Eunice Moore and/or his third wife Agnes Wheeler. Thanks for your
> >time. Jane Germann Storm Lake, IA
- 122. [NYGENESE] The power of the pen! 
- Hello all,
Drop your mouse, reach around behind your head, and pat yourselves on
the back! Boy you did a great job! It is amazing what only two weeks can
Many of you who wrote letters of support got an answer from Genesee
County telling you that they would be beginning their reviewing process
soon, and appreciated your input. Well today was the day for the history
dept and museum. (Mr. Betters was a no show from what I hear.)
I wasn't there of course, but I did get a smattering of feedba
- 123. [NYGENESE] BELLOWS 
- 1880 Batavia Area Directory
BELLOWS, David, resides Seaver Place
Heidi Quider Gohn
- 124. Re: [NYGENESE] Genesee history dept. and museum 
- Good Grief!!!!!!! I hadn't seen the paper with that article yet. "Grand Plan", my
eye! I think we need to have everyone deluge him with letters to let him know just
what we think of that idea. I don't think you would find anyone out here that would
disagree with you or that would NOT support our fabulous History Department and
Cindy Amrhein wrote:
> Has anyone local seen the newspaper with Matt Betters "grand plan" to yank
> all funding from our Genesee County Museum (The Holland
- 125. [NYGENESE] John Hubbard and Eunice Moore 
I am in search of the records of death for John Hubbard and Eunice Moore Hubbard, his second wife. Since he married a third wife, Agnes Patience Wheeler in Batavia, NY I feel he died there and maybe his wife, Eunice. John was b. 14 March 1761 in Leicester, MA and died 5 Jan 1850. Any information as to his grave or just the names of the cemeteries in Batavia would be of help. Thanks so much for your time. Jane Germann, Storm Lake, IA
CPU seconds used 0.248962