Archives Search Engine
Searching for: +path:nygenese
- 226. [NYGENESE] John Whiting Chappell 
I am searching for information on a JOHN WHITING CHAPPELL he was born abt 1828 or 1829 ------belived to have gone by the name of WHITING J. CHAPPELL
married a FIDELA CLARK I have not been able to locate who his parents were or any siblings
greatly appreciate any information anyone may have on him
Thank you Susan Toledo Ohio
- 227. [NYGENESE] County Histories to Go Online 
- August 20, 2007
North America Local and County Histories to Go Online
from FamilySearch.org (August 15, 2007):
Three genealogical libraries pool their
collections in massive digitization effort
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH-Thousands of published
family histories, city and county histories,
historic city directories, and related records
are coming to the Internet. The Allen County
Public Library (ACPL) in Fort Wayne, Indiana,
Brigham Young University Harold B. Lee Library,
and FamilySearch's Family His
- 228. [NYGENESE] Apr 29-1865: E Tuttle 
- Spirit of the Times, Batavia -Genesee Co.- NY
In Brooklyn, April 23rd, 1865, Euphemia, wife of David Tuttle, aged 54
The remains will be taken to Buffalo N.Y. for interment.
transcribed by Linda Conpenelis Schmidt, 1 August 2007.
- 229. [NYGENESE] 1825: Norton 
- Republican Advocate, March 25-1825
In Bethany, on the 16th inst. Benjamin Norton, aet. 9 years - son of Mr
transcribed & submitted by Linda Conpenelis Schmidt
- 230. [NYGENESE] March 1825: Norton 
I neglected to include the heading on this submission -
therefore, I am re-submitting, in case there is any question:
Republican Advocate, March 25-1825
In Bethany, on the 16th inst. Benjamin Norton, aet. 9 years - son of Mr
transcribed & submitted by Linda Conpenelis Schmidt, 9 August 2007.
- 231. [NYGENESE-L] Levi Brainard 
- Good Afternoon,
I am looking for information on my ggg-grandfather, Levi Brainard who
moved to Batavia in 1846 and died there Sep. 15, 1874. Would anyone
be able to tell me what cemeteries would be possible places for his burial,
and how I could obtain a death record for him? Was there a local newspaper
at that time that may have printed his obituary?
Thank you for any information,
Brainerd-Brainard Genealogy http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/7294/
List Owner Brainerd-Br
- 232. [NYGENESE-L] MORGAN, Charlotte 
- Seek info re the parents, siblings, etc. of my gg-grandmother, Charlotte
MORGAN "of Batavia [Genesee Co.], NY." Born in 1808, she married Erastus
Bedortha on 1 (or 10) January 1836 in Batavia. This Morgan family may have had
links to Sheffield, Lorain Co., OH after 1815. Charlotte and Erastus lived in
Ohio from 1836 on; she died in 1869 and is buried in Oberlin, OH. Will be
pleased to share info on Charlotte's descendants.
Happy Holidays to all listers!
- 233. [NYGENESE-L] Interesting ! Religius Findings 
- Going thru old notes I came across this from an Ann Landers article from
11/12/1996, which I thought was interesting - hope you all do too.
If you are a member of the Jewish faith, your religion was founded by Abraham
about 4000 years ago.
If you are Hindu your religion developed in India around 1500 BC
If you are Buddhist, your religion split from Hinduism and was founded by
Buddha, prince Siddhartha Guatama of India, abt 500 BC
If you are Roman Catholic, Jesus Christ began your religion in the year 33
- 234. [NYGENESE-L] BRAINYARD CEMETERY 
- Sometime last week a man wrote asking about the Brainyard family. I just
remembered that there is an old rural family cemetery named Brainyard on
East Main Street in Attica, Wyoming County, NY. At one time Wyoming County
was part of Genesee County. There are records for this cemetery at the
Historian's office for Wyoming County. There is also a website for Wyoming
County on the Rootsweb site at www.rootsweb.com/~nywyoming/ I hope this is
of some help. Fran (Lake) King
- 235. [NYGENESE-L] 1830 Census 
- Could a kind soul check the 1830 census for two individuals. I know that
Isaac Knowls, Stafford and Charles Knowls, China are listed in the 1830
Genesee Co. census index (courtesy of another kind soul Dorothy Rooney).
Does anyone have access to the census to check for any information that may
be listed? Thank you for the help.
- 236. [NYGENESE-L] CLARK, Samuel L., Rosanna, & Julia Ann, early 1800's 
- I am looking for my 3xGreat grandparents, Samuel L. & Rosanna
CLARK in the early 1800's. I found the following record in 10,000
Vital Records of Western New York, 1809-1850, Fred Q. Bowman,
Genealogical Publishing Company, 1985.
#1802 CLARK, Rosanna (Mrs), 40 d. 29 Aug 1825. Published in
the Batavia Republican Advocate 30 Aug 1825.
Does anyone have acess to obituaries in the Advocate during this
time period? If so, I would appreciate learning if the notice was as
stark as indicated or if there
- 237. [NYGENESE-L] Re: Levi Brainard 
- Hello Robbin,
You might check with the Richmond Memorial Library in Batavia for
information regarding a newspaper obituary. They have the local newspapers on
microfilm but I am not sure how far back they go. Their address is 19 Ross
St., Batavia, (716) 343-9550.
Also, you might check with the Genesee County History Department, 3 W. Main
St., Batavia 14020, (716) 344-2550 Ext. 2613. They have complete cemetery
records for several of the county cemeteries, including those in Batavia.
- 238. [NYGENESE-L] BUTTON 
- Hi everybody,
Is anyone connected to the Herman G. BUTTON and family? He was living
in Mansfield, Cattaraugus Co., NY in 1860, and I believe that he later
lived in Machias nearer to 1890. I suspect that he might have been
married to one of the WARREN sisters I have been looking for. I just
read a deposition he wrote that stated he was in possession of the
family Bible of Lucius P. WARREN of Machias. At the time, Lucius was
still alive. Thanks for any info.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday sea
- 239. [NYGENESE-L] Re: Brainard Cemetery 
Just wanted to let you know that the Brainard Cemetery is on-line at
as well as several other Wyoming Cemeteries.
> Subject: [NYGENESE-L] BRAINYARD CEMETERY
> Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:20:54 -0500
> From: Frances King
> To: NYGENESE-L@rootsweb.com
> Sometime last week a man wrote asking about the Brainyard family. I just
> remembered that there is an old rural family ceme
- 240. [NYGENESE-L] DEAN 
- I am searching for information on Ezra Dean. I do not have much.
I know that he lived i or near Batavia in 1819 and had a daughter named
Elvira b 1819
Elvira married Ira Peck of Chili and later moved West to Michigan, Wisconsin
and then to Minnesota.
Any help would be appreciated.
Bill & Terry Peck
List owner CAPPS-L@rootsweb.com
Researching CAPPS, HILBURN, PECK, DEAN, DUNHAM, MEYER, HOPE, MATHEWS,BULTMAN
KUNNEN, ANDERRSEN, BRUCE
- 241. Re: [NYGENESE-L] Re: LAFLER/LAFFLER/LEFLER 
- How about SCHAUMLOFFEL?
- 242. [NYGENESE-L] TUTTLE - ROCKAFELLOW 
- Looking for the above names in the early 1800's and prior. George B. Tuttle
b. 9/1824 supposedly in Genese - who were his parents???? Married a Wealthy
Rockafellow/feller in Geauga Co.,Ohio in 1855. Thanks, Barb
- 243. [NYGENESE-L] BUCK, Hassan Alba.... Medina, NY 1840 
- I sent a message out several months ago....some wonderful person
dent me info |BUT, as all of us have done I dumped, whoops, my
system dumped hundreds of files. So Please send that message to me
I know that in the 1850, Chataughuas ??? Co., Pomfreit there was a
H.A. Buck....anybody know of this family.. daughter was named
Bula... kinda goes with Hassan don't ya think ??
With much appreciation ... Jill, Laguna Niguel @ the Pacific
- 244. [NYGENESE-L] Fw: BUCK,/BUKE/BEEBE, UPHAM, HOWE@ NY,MI,CA 
- I am researching the BUCK Family and have not been able to trace my
GGrandfathers brother, Solomon Buck, b 1832 and last hear from when
he was gold mining at Spanish Flat, CA, in 1856. If anyone has
information on the BUCK Family, please contact me.
Johanna Buck Sutton
I am also a BUCK. My mother was Elizabeth Jean Buck Jessen......
This is where were are with family names... Our BUCK families lived
in NY 1840, 1850's-present MI, Calif. 1945-present (also
- 245. [NYGENESE-L] Le Roy Catholic ancestors 
- If your Catholic ancestor may have been baptized or married in Le Roy,
Genesee Co., between 1854 and 1864 I will search the records for you .
You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
- 246. [NYGENESE-L] AVERY, Fern Lilla 
- I have a photo of Fern Lilla AVERY, a beautiful little girl in long dress. I
would estimate it was take over 100 years ago. Photographer was J. C. Patrick
of Main St. Cor. Bank, Batavia, NY.
Can be purchased by anyone researching this line.
- 247. [NYGENESE-L] stowell dodge steere 
- Subj: dodge stowell steere
Subj: DODGE of MA 1667, VT,NY 1800
seeking these lines:
1 Thomas DODGE bc 1792 VT;
+m Happy ___ b VT or RI
=2 Daniel DODGE b 1823 Canada; res St Lawrence Co., Oswego Co, NY,
+m Jane GRAVES b 1827 NY or VT
==3 Cyrus Dayton DODGE b 1860 St Lawrence CO, NY; d 1908 Syracuse NY
+ m Elizabeth STOWELL b 1867 Hogansburg NY, d Hornell NY
===4 Harrison Stowell DODGE b 1890 Ogdensburg NY
+m Hazel K STEERE b
- 248. [NYGENESE-L] Re: LAFLER/LAFFLER/LEFLER 
- I'm looking for anyone doing research on the above names.
- 249. [NYGENESE-L] Noah Warren & brothers, NH > MA > NY 
- Hi everyone,
I was researching in Rochester, NY and found the following three
articles in the book "The Centennial History of Nunda, NY, 1808-1908" by
Capt. H. Wells Hand, published in 1908 by Rochester Herald Press,
Rochester, NY. No copyright.
"The Warrens," "Noah Warren's Recollections of Nunda, NY...," and "War
More genealogical info is given in the second and third articles that
was not given in the first. I have extracted info.
1st article: "The Warrens"
- 250. Re: [NYGENESE-L] HALL 
- What town did they live in or where was there last known residence located at?
Heritage Bank, N.A.
P.O. Box 1124
Willmar, MN 56201
320-235-5722 ext. 108
>>> phyllis hembree 10/28/98 01:37PM >>>
Looking for any information on the descendents of Wilbur P. b 1853 d 1910
and his wife Alida L. Hart HALL. Alida b 1855 d 1916, both buried Evergreen
Hill Cemetery, Corfu.
Wilbur and Alida were the parents of Caroline (Caddie), John W., Frank., and
CPU seconds used 0.272959