Archives Search Engine
Searching for: +path:nygenese
- 251. [NYGENESE-L] HALL 
- Looking for any information on the descendents of Wilbur P. b 1853 d 1910
and his wife Alida L. Hart HALL. Alida b 1855 d 1916, both buried Evergreen
Hill Cemetery, Corfu.
Wilbur and Alida were the parents of Caroline (Caddie), John W., Frank., and
John W., m #1 Edna, #2 Irma Smith, had 2 sons, Prentice and Everett and daug
Mary. Have no info on the other children, Caddie, Frank and Mary M.
If anyone knows of this family would greatly appreciate hearing from you and
- 252. [NYGENESE-L] MORSE 
- I am researching Henry Stillman MORSE, born at York, Livingston County on
December 8, 1827. He died in Batavia, Genesse County, New York on April 9,
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
- 253. [NYGENESE-L] Fire the Boss and Break the Alarm Clock! -81849 
- Fire the Boss and break the Alarm Clock!
I did! after eleven years, I left a $140,000 a year income for this
opportunity. I can truly say it was one of the best decisions of my
life!!! Never commute again! make $2000-$5000 per week from
home! You can start out in your spare time, work part time or work
up to full time if you want to! It's your business! Call 1-800 607-6006
ex 2491# then press 1 no selling! not mlm! stay home with the
family! Proven track record of success!
1 800-607-6006 ex 2491#
- 254. [NYGENESE-L] Goodell Surname 
- I am looking for information on my great grandmother Eliza Goodell b.
1848 in LeRoy, NY. Her parents were George W. Goodell and Celinda Chase
both born in VT. Any information on these names would be appreciated.
- 255. [NYGENESE-L] Re: Noah Warren & brothers, NH > MA > NY 
- At 02:11 AM 10/8/98 -0400, Karen Mohr wrote:
>I was researching in Rochester, NY and found the following three
>articles in the book "The Centennial History of Nunda, NY,
>Capt. H. Wells Hand, published in 1908 by Rochester Herald Press,
>Rochester, NY. No copyright........
I was delighted to find the information Karen posted, but note that H. Wells
Hand has some serious genealogical errors that should
- 256. [NYGENESE-L] Census Lookup 
- I need a 1830 and 1840 census lookup for a Benjamin G. or C Knowles. In
1850 he was located in Stafford. Sometimes he's listed as Benj Knowles.
Thanks for the help
- 257. Re: [NYGENESE-L] Genesee Co. Birth/Death Records 
- Most of information below can also be found on the Genesee County GenWeb
site. If you have NEVER visited, please do !!!(URL at the bottom of this
message) If you haven't been there in quite awhile--visit again and see
what is new.
At 03:13 PM 5/15/99 -0400, Pat Dyer wrote:
>Marguerite, I'll be happy to share the info:
>Pat: You might want to contact the Le Roy Historical Society, 23 East Main
>Street, Le Roy, NY 14482. Phone number (716) 768-7433. I met them 2 years
>ago, and found t
- 258. Re: [NYGENESE-L] BLISS, Nathan Purse 
- At 05:26 PM 5/16/99 -0700, Gordon C. Nagle Sr wrote:
>Hi, I'm pretty new to the list. In recent weeks, I have seen some very
>good postings. I am researching my gg-grandfather Nathan (Nathaniel)
>Purse BLISS. He served in the Civil War with the 37th Iowa Volunteers
>(Graybeards). His Civil War records say he was born in Genesee, New
>York. He died 5 December 1886 in Antelope County, Nebraska. He had two
>obits, one said he was born March 1812 in Cattaragus County, the other
>said June 1812 Chautauqu
- 259. [NYGENESE-L] GENCONNECT IS DOWN 
- >Subject: GENCONNECT IS DOWN
>Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 03:27:50 -0700
>From: "Dr. Brian Leverich"
>The 20 GB drive that had the /var partition on the GenConnect box
>has failed, and the box has crashed.
>After sleep, we'll be driving down to Concentric with a replacement
>disk. The plan is to have GenConnect back on the air by this
Please give them time to fix it, before you try to post any queries.
My Family - http://members.tripod
- 260. Re: [NYGENESE-L] More Surnames 
Silence KINSLEY or KINGSLEY, b. ?, (Some have it as Eastham, MA), m.
Col Samuel HERRICK, Feb. 01, 1754 in Norwich, CT, d. before 1762,
probably in Norwich.
Does she sound familar?
From: Peter Hansen
Date: Wednesday, May 26, 1999 3:09 PM
Subject: [NYGENESE-L] More Surnames
- 261. [NYGENESE-L] More Surnames 
- BROWN, HOWARD, KINGSBURY, PEARCE, PIERCE, RANDALL, SEAMANS, SNELL,
TANNO, & WHITAKER......for now.
- 262. [NYGENESE-L] Re: What happened to the old courthouse 
- Hi Wendy,
If you were ever in the old courthouse at the "split" of Rts. 5 & 63 in
Batavia, then you might remember that as you entered, you were greeted by a
fabulous marble (I think!!) staircase. Well, as beautiful as that staircase
was for many, it was equally unattractive to anyone with a major physical
A few years back, there was a law passed requiring all public buildings to
be handicapped accessible, as well they should be!! Unfortunately, finances
ruled over architect and
- 263. [NYGENESE-L] Signing Off Temporarily 
- Fellow Rooters:
I am unsubscribing temporarily for some much needed R & R. If you'd like
to get in touch with me, you may reach me by email privately until
Tuesday, at which time I will be unavailable for about a week.
Happy Hunting, Everybody!
- 264. [NYGENESE-L] CONLON 
- Thomas CONLON b. 1830, Sligo, Ireland, m. Mary McGurty in 1862. He died
1905 in, Bergen. Their children, all born between 1865 and 1882 in
Bergen or Le Roy, were Alice, Mary Elizabeth (who m. Thomas KELLY}, John,
Peter Thomas, Anna Elizabeth, Thomas Joseph, Margaret Loretto (who m. Wm.
Arthur Conty), James Theodore, Elizabeth, and William. I would like to
hear from any descendants of these people.
- 265. Re: [NYGENESE-L] Bliss 
- Bonnie, thanks for posting the information for me. I do have a copy of the Bliss
Family in America by Aaron Tyler BLISS. Not much information on my BLISS line.
It stops at Nathan. The marriage of Nathan and Aberillah HAINES was 16 April
1843 at LaPorte County, Indiana. This is the first I find him. I have found one
other Nathan P BLISS, this Nathan lived in Massachusets in the mid 1800's.
I find my Nathan in the 1850 LaPorte County Federal Census. I then find him in
Benton County, Iowa in 1860 and 187
- 266. [NYGENESE-L] Fox info.? 
- I am researching Jabez/ Jabish/ Jabesh Fox (senior and junior) and his
children, Martin, Amasa, Betsy and Laura. He was in the 1800 census and
1810 census and died ca Nov.-Dec., 1815 in Leroy.
If you have any knowledge of this family, please E-mail me.
Don L. Fox
- 267. [NYGENESE-L] Fw: Genesee Co. Address for Batavia Town Hall 
Batavia Town Hall
4165 W. Main Street Rd.
Batavia, NY 14020
>Were you able to get some addresses for birth, death, and marriage
>certificates? I have ancestors from Alexander, Pavilion, and Stafford. The
>town historians have really come through for me with copies of newspaper
>clippings, etc. I have sent off to the State Dept. of Health for birth and
>death certificates, but I understand that may take a while. Do
- 268. [NYGENESE-L] Genesee Co. Birth/Death Records 
- Hi All,
Sorry, I went to post this again, and wasn't paying attention, submitted it
in HTML format and it was kicked back to me. I'll try to do better from now
These folks kindly responded to the inquiries regarding birth and death
records in Genesee Co. If I find out anythng further, I'll be glad to pass
it on to the list. Happy hunting, everyone!
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Pat: You might want to contact the Le Roy Historical S
- 269. [NYGENESE-L] Thanks to Pat and all 
- Thanks for sharing the info on Genesee co towns and where to find records.
To Pat who first asked and to those who responded. My interest is in Judd
and Bean,, who left before 1820. Margaret Calvin
Marguerite Crist Calvin
- 270. Re: [NYGENESE-L] Genesee Co. Birth/Death Records 
- What happened to the old courthouse??? A a child visiting my grandfather in
East Bethany, I got to ride into town for shopping on occasion. ...my
grandfather was William B Cavanaugh...had the farm on 63 it was on the left
in the last little valley before going into East Bethany. For many years it
was white then yellow (or vise versa). The new owners added on to the
back... the farm buildings were down the lane aways. The original house for
the property was back by the barn. Grandpa used the 2nd floor for c
- 271. [NYGENESE-L] DONAHUE/TITSWORTH 
- Hi, I am looking for information on my great grandparents - Lillian Grace
TITSWORTH and William Walter DONAHUE. At this point, I have little
information regarding these two. I know that December 1915 they lived in
Batavia, New York (residence listed on my grandfather, Herbert William
DONAHUE's birth certificate).
Lillian Grace TITSWORTH -
b. 28 Aug 1887
d. 2 Sep 1971
dp. Ligonier, PA
buried - Harold's Zion Lutheran Church Cemetery, Greensburg, PA
- 272. [NYGENESE-L] Genesee Co. Birth/Death Certificates 
- Hi All,
Just wanted to send a public thank you to all who responded to my query
regarding birth/death certificates in Genesee Co. This is a really neat
- 273. [NYGENESE-L] BLISS, Nathan Purse 
- Hi, I'm pretty new to the list. In recent weeks, I have seen some very
good postings. I am researching my gg-grandfather Nathan (Nathaniel)
Purse BLISS. He served in the Civil War with the 37th Iowa Volunteers
(Graybeards). His Civil War records say he was born in Genesee, New
York. He died 5 December 1886 in Antelope County, Nebraska. He had two
obits, one said he was born March 1812 in Cattaragus County, the other
said June 1812 Chautauqua County, New York. This has been real
confusing. He was s
- 274. [NYGENESE-L] Bliss 
- The other thing you should check are the Tyler Bliss books (3 vols.) on the
Bliss Family in America. I don't have them myself or I would look to see what
he says about your Nathan Purse Bliss.
Interesting about the name tho Our line has several generations of
Percivals. Percy & Perc were the diminutives used in the family. I thought
that Nathan was also one of our names, but it isn't. I must have been
confused with Jonathan. We have several generations of Jonathan & Theodores
often combined with th
- 275. [NYGENESE-L] surname-BRIDGEN 
- Looking for any info. re: Bridgens' found on Genesee Family File.
There 11 people named Bridgen all born between 1805 and 1858. They
are Alonzo,Chas.,Ellen,Esther,Hannah Mary, Isabella
Mary,James,Matilda,Samuel, Samuel, and Sara.
My gggrandfather Wiliam Bridgen b. 1828 in Ireland, d. 1923 in Orleans
Co. NY. I am trying to find any other family connections he may have
had in NY.
Thank you, Donna Heald
CPU seconds used 0.212968