Archives Search Engine
Searching for: +path:nygenese
- 26. [NYGENESE] Cemetery photos 
- To those of you who requested I take Cemetery photos for you - Please be
patient with me as I received many requests. I don't claim to be an expert
on cemeteries in the area. I simply live in the area and want to help people
in their research.
To be fair, I will take photos in the order in which I receive them.
If you would like your a hard copy of your photo/photos sent via regular
mail, please e-mail me your mailing address. Otherwise, I will plan to send
the photos via j.peg e-mail attachme
- 27. CAMPBELL/1865 or 1870 Census on Line 
- I am new to the list - I am wondering if there is the 1865 or 1870 Census
on line for this county? Any on-line Census records or indexes would
I am looking for a Charles Cyrus Campbell, born in May 1850 in Canada,
lived in Upper Canada/Ontario and was possibly born there. His parents
were John or Charles Campbell and Margaret Mc(G)Laughlin, both born in
Ireland. In 1861 Charles Cyrus immigrated to the US, likely through
Buffalo. I don't know if he came with a relative or one or both of his
- 28. [NYGENESE] Genesee county historian 
- Does anyone have an address/phone number for the Genesee county historian?
- 29. [NYGENESE] BROUGHTON 
- Looking for Tryphena Broughton.....living in Chili, Genessee, NY in 1820
census (now Monroe Co., I believe) .....had children Betsey b. Oct 1822 and
William b. 1826....probably more....seeking husbands name and ANY information
on this family......I've been seeking this info for 25 years.......
- 30. [NYGENESE] 4th New York Heavy Artillery 
- In an email from Theodore Bleck, I was informed that the book "Heavy
Guns and Light, The History of the 4th New York Heavy Artillery", by
Hyland Kirk, 1890, will be reprinted this summer.
The presale price is $45 through May 15, 2000.
According to Ted, publication date is pushed out to July since we really
want enough orders to
do the printing.
Send order and check to:
ONTARIO COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Venture Crew 1861
55 N. Main Street
Canandaigua NY 14424
- 31. [Fwd: [NYGENESE] Land Records] 
- I am forwarding one of the responses I received to my Land Records
questions. I think others may find it interesting.
Margaret Behnke wrote:
> I have corresponded with the "historians" in Batavia, and am told that the
> > > Holland Land Company sold most of the land with a very small down payment,
> > > and that the people did not receive a deed to register in the county deed
> > > records until it was paid for. Most families never did pay for them, rather
> > > sold out their "equity" and moved
- 32. [NYGENESE] North Pembroke Cemetery 
- Does anyone known where I could find an index of the people buried in the
North Pembroke Cemetery?
- 33. [NYGENESE] Vickers, Abram, Good, Butler, Ridley, Hawkins, Hillman, Austin, Norris, Parks, Nelson 
- Listed below are names and dates that I am researching. If you have any
information on any of these people, please respond. Thank you.
George H. Vickers b. 1853 d. 1937 father: George Vickers
mother: Mary Good
Mary Abram b. 1861 d. 1937 father: Christopher
Abram mother: Sofia Fall
Thomas P. Ridley b. 1862 d. 1926 father: Thomas Ridley
mother: Elizabeth Portman
Joseph Jacob Hillman b. 1844 d. 1916 father: (Unknown)
mother: Martha (Unknown)
- 34. [NYGENESE] "Munsell Colonial Tracts" 
- I am researching Munsell and ran across this ad for some NY history
CDs. Could someone explain the term used in this advertisement -
4 "Munsell Colonial Tracts"? Here's the ad text:
2.Documents Relating to the Colonial History of New York in 15 volumes.
Includes Cadwallader Colden's 5 Indian Nations, and 4 Munsell Colonial
Tracts, with editorial essays by O'Callaghan. Adobe - PC or Mac - fully
searchable on 1 CD $35.00
- 35. Re: [NYGENESE] Land Record questions 
- Yes, the Holland Land Company Records are different then the records of
deeds at the county clerks office. The Holland Land Company was exactly
that. A company which sold land. If you were one of the few who could buy
your land outright from them, then you would get a deed and THEN record it
at the Genesee County Clerks Office.
Most people put a deposit down on their land. Then made payments to the
land company. When, and if, the land was ever paid off, they would then get
a deed from the land company
- 36. Re: [NYGENESE] Re: Holland Land Records !!!!! look here , Phil 
- Opps, sorry Phil. Got in a hurry and punched in Bill.
> Hi Bill,
> I'd like to see all six pages. I've been running around this County without
> much luck trying to pinpoint a TOMPKINS, Gideon.
> Thanks, Raymond
> Ps60yo@aol.com wrote:
> > In a message dated 5/11/00 1:33:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> > Northplace@aol.com writes:
> > << The Holland Land Records --which contain, names, dates, places, payments
> > and
> > sometimes other people either maki
- 37. [NYGENESE] Clark and Campbell Family 
- Does anyone have information on the following household appearing in the 1860
E Pembroke census Clark Childs age 26, Mary age 25 child Albert age 9,
and Olive Campbell age 69
- 38. [NYGENESE] Re: Holland Land Records !!!!! look here , Phil 
- In a message dated 5/11/00 1:33:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
<< The Holland Land Records --which contain, names, dates, places, payments
sometimes other people either making payments or taking over payments can be
ordered from you branch LDS library. >> hi
hi Group , I have the LDS data / film #`s with a description of what each
film is in a 10KB file that I could send to any of you that would like it ,
It Prints out at 6 pages , I obtained it from the Catalog
- 39. [NYGENESE] PAGE 
- I apologize to the list. I tried sending this several times privately, with
I just wanted you to know that I visited Stafford Cemetery today and was able
to take photos of the following PAGE stones -
Henry PAGE - died on July 5, 1880 at 32 years and 3 months old
William PAGE - died on December 23, 1873 at 75 years old
Betsey PAGE (wife of William) born on February 9, 1803 died on December 21,
Julia Ann (daughter of William & Betsey) died June 7, 1865 at 6
- 40. [NYGENESE] Holland Land Papers 
If these 6 pages are typed (rather than hand written) I would be willing to
scan them and post them for the rootsweb genesee page. Let me know if I can
- 41. [NYGENESE] DRAKE-thru! re: NYS/PA Drakes 
- For the last few years, I have been working with
Ruthe White, Bea
McManis, and others to place William Drake -- who md. Eunice Helme and was
father of (among others) three pioneers of Genesee Co., NY -- among the many
William Drakes who lived in New York State ca.1750-1850.
After much frustration and many dead ends, I'm pleased to report that this
William is William4 Drake (in the line of John3 and Christina Kermer, John2
Martha Oldfield, J
- 42. [NYGENESE] Stafford Cemetery 
- On Saturday afternoon (weather permitting), I will be visiting the Stafford
Cemetery in Stafford, NY, to take cemetery photos. Would anyone like me to
take any photos for them while I am there (other than those who have already
I will check my e-mail before I leave.
Heidi Quider Gohn
- 43. Re: [NYGENESE] Holland Land Papers 
I would also like to have copies of the 6 pages. Like Janet (jslobvan)
I would be willing to help. I am pretty good with hand writing. If they
handwritten, I could probably decipher them and present them on line
in text format. Many thanks for your offer.
- 44. Re: [NYGENESE] CAMPBELL/1865 or 1870 Census on Line 
- Hi Ginny,
Here's a link to a partial Genesee County Census from 1860 FTP directory
/pub/census/ny/genesee/1860/ at ftp.rootsweb.com Click on each hyperlink
and you will get a different area. It's the best I could do!!
- 45. RE: [NYGENESE] Land Record questions 
- One of the transactions many people overlook - which also adds to the "not
found deeds" is when the real estate is sold on a contract for that deed.
This was and still is a very common way to transfer real estate and to
further complicate searching for records - that buyer may in fact sell it
again on a contract. As a banker I testify to the fact that this happens
very often, and may delay recording the deed for many, many years. Best
- 46. Re: [NYGENESE] Re: Holland Land Records !!!!! look here , Phil 
- Hi Bill,
I'd like to see all six pages. I've been running around this County without
much luck trying to pinpoint a TOMPKINS, Gideon.
> In a message dated 5/11/00 1:33:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> Northplace@aol.com writes:
> << The Holland Land Records --which contain, names, dates, places, payments
> sometimes other people either making payments or taking over payments can be
> ordered from you branch LDS library. >> hi
> hi Group , I have
- 47. Re: [NYGENESE] BROUGHTON 
The 9th edition of The Handy Book for Genealogists records that:
Monroe County was formed 23 February 1821 from Genesee & Ontario Counties.
Ontario County was formed 27 Jan 1789 from Montgomery County.
Genesee County was formed 30 March 1802 from Ontario County.
On today's Road Atlas I see Chili Center south and a slight bit west of
Rochester in Monroe County, NY, but no Chili.
Richard Leon Herrick, Holt, MI USA
----- Original Message -----
- 48. [NYGENESE] Phil's pages 
- Phil and all,
If anyone can get me either a scanned copy (jpg perferred- 100-150 dpi) or
text copy ( no fancy formatting) of Phil's pages- I will see that they are
included on the Genesee GenWeb.
This goes for any information, books, parts of books, census, parts of
census, or anything else any of you might have.
I don't live in NY state, so I don't have alot of access to material---I
rely on all of you to submit material to me to add to the Genesee GenWeb
listowner and Genesee GenWe
- 49. [NYGENESE] Documentary Heritage Program 
- Hi there.
There is a great program, called the Documentary Heritage Program. You can
go to their website, find books, videos and other materials on information
about the Western New York region, and then borrow the materials for three
weeks. They will send the material to you, you send it back.
The site is at
I was able to borrow Town of Bergen- A History, by Virginia Barons
Guide to Local History and Archives Collections in the Genesee Valley.
Both had good info.
Just passing t
- 50. [NYGENESE] 6 pages 
Please add me to the list for the six pages. Thanks for the very
CPU seconds used 0.219966