1776-L Archives

Archiver > 1776 > 2002-07 > 1027349757

From: John Robertson <>
Subject: Proposed Battle of Camden historic site
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:55:57 -0400

A lot of progress has already been made in making a reality of there being
a publicly
accessible historic site at the actual site of the Battle of Camden (15-16
August 1780).
There has long been concern that this historic battle site needed to be
preserved
and documented, and just such an effort is now underway.

For those interested in participating in the accumulation of needed
historical information
for this project, or of following the progress of such, there is a newly
formed mailing list

More information on this list and associated website can be found here:

I should emphasize that this new mailing list is *not* a list for genealogical
queries nor even for queries requesting help in finding out it your ancestor
fought there.

Access to the mailing list is here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/camden-battle/

What it *is* about is our laying hands on every possible scrap of
historical data relevant to the Battle of Camden and of its participants.
The project webpage
http://jrshelby.com/camdenproj/index.htm
will show you much of what has been accomplished and accumulated to date.

We would particularly welcome additional source material from the UK or Canada.
We also welcome improvements or corrections to what we now have.

Feel free to forward this post to others or other lists where it would be
appropriate.

John Robertson

This thread: