17TH-TX-CAVALRY-L Archives

Archiver > 17TH-TX-CAVALRY > 2008-01 > 1199555464

From: edie youts <>
Subject: Re: [17TH-TX-CAVALRY] Bryan Marsh Letters
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 09:51:04 -0800 (PST)

The greatest source of information yet has come from someone on the mailing list for footnote.com. I got a trial member ship and was able to print out copies of muster papers and death information about my gggrandfather George W. Martin Texas 17th Infantry, Co. D. I found he died of fever/pneumonia in Belton, Texas with rank of Sgt. His brother's Honorable discharge gave me probably the most vital , info of all as it lists his county (Lincoln) Tenn. birthplace. Just wanted to share footnotes was a rich resource for me.
Edie Youts

Ronald C Hall <> wrote:
See them also in the Dallas Public Library.

rch