3RD-ARKANSAS-CAVALRY-L Archives

Archiver > 3RD-ARKANSAS-CAVALRY > 2004-01 > 1073839559

Subject: [3RD-ARKANSAS-CAVALRY] Harry May of Co. I, 3rd Ark. Cav.
Date: 11 Jan 2004 09:45:59 -0700

Surnames: May
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/HDC.2ACIAE/2

Message Board Post:

My gggrandfather, Harry May, was a member of the 3rd AR Cav. I have been trying to figure out what became of him. He was given a promotion in the summer of 1864, about the time records stopped, according to the book, "The War Child's Children". He is not listed among those being pardoned, nor have I found any record of his death. If anyone should happen across a tombstone with his name on it, my family would be very grateful if we were to be notified. Also, if anyone has any idea how we might go about finding out what happened to him, please let us know. Thanks!

This thread: