3RD-ARKANSAS-CAVALRY-L Archives

Archiver > 3RD-ARKANSAS-CAVALRY > 2013-01 > 1359581185

From: ,
Subject: [3RD-ARKANSAS-CAVALRY] Captain David F. Edington.
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 21:26:25 -0000

Author: dsegelquist
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/topics.Military.united-20-states.civwar.uscwar.3rdarcavalry/24/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I found info on him but can''t find any more. I thought some one here may know more about him or could us the info.

Captain David F. Edington, 3rd. Arkansas Cavalry, Co. H., Enlisted November 23, 1863, took rank February 23, 1864. Promoted from First Lieutenant. Shot in the thigh and drowned in attempting to swim the Arkansas rive during an engagment with General Shelby's command, May 16, 1864.

Important Note: