4TH-TENNESSEE-CAVALRY-L Archives

Archiver > 4TH-TENNESSEE-CAVALRY > 2003-04 > 1050815408

From: "Clay Daniels" <>
Subject: Re: [4TH-TENNESSEE-CAVALRY] Isaac Daniel
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 00:10:20 -0500

Thanks for the reply. Actually, Claiborne County has a nice little rootsweb
site, and a very active email list. My father was born there, my grandfather
was born and died there, and my great grandfather Humphrey Daniel(s) came
there from Tennessee about 1851. I'm glad you don't think of Mississippi as
backwards. But Port Gibson is very different from the Dallas-Ft Worth
metroplex where I live. People are more friendly, and there is more of a
sense of history. We had the opportunity to visit last month, and it was
worth the time. If you get to the Vicksburg area, be sure to visit the Old
Courthouse Museum.

What I'm trying to do is go up the old Natchez Trace from Mississippi to
Tennessee and figure out my family line prior to the time they came to
Mississippi. Isaac Daniel has not yet been proven to be in my direct line,
but I'm hoping he will lead me up the Trace, as he left some record of Civil
War military service that led me to Moore County and Company C, 4th
Tennessee Cavalry.

Clay Daniels Jr.
Fort Worth, Texas