4TH-TENNESSEE-CAVALRY-L Archives

Archiver > 4TH-TENNESSEE-CAVALRY > 2003-04 > 1050854987

From: Gary Norris <>
Subject: Re: [4TH-TENNESSEE-CAVALRY] Isaac Daniel
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 11:09:47 -0500

Clay,

The 4th Tennessee Cavalry Regiment, especially Company C, was generally from
Sullivan County in East Tennessee. They were organized in Knoxville.

Company C of the 4th Tennessee Infantry Regiment was generally from Shelby
County, Memphis.

Moore County was organized in 1871 six years after the war ended. Moore
County was made from parts of Lincoln, Franklin, Coffee, and Bedford
Counties.

Gary D. Norris