4TH-TENNESSEE-CAVALRY-L Archives

Archiver > 4TH-TENNESSEE-CAVALRY > 2009-07 > 1246499187

From: ,
Subject: Re: [4TH-TENNESSEE-CAVALRY] 5th TN Mounted Infantry
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 01:46:27 -0000

Author: kmarkhammons
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/topics.Military.united-20-states.civwar.tn.4thcav/4.4/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

My Great Grandfather, James Hardin Hammons, enlisted in Co. G 5th Tenn Mntd Infantry. It was a union outfit. I have his discharge paper. He enlisted on Oct 18 1864 and was mustered out on July 13 1865. Lt. T.R. Wyatt was the commanding officer of Co. G at that time. Scribbled on the side of the document it is written that he was given transportation to Cleveland Tenn. from Nashville.

Important Note: