74TH_REGIMENT_OF_FOOT-L Archives

Archiver > 74TH_REGIMENT_OF_FOOT > 2004-03 > 1078711836

From: "vicki o'reilly" <>
Subject: Alexander Stewart
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:10:36 +1000

Alexander Stewart b 1793 was my g-g-grandfather. He enlisted in the 74th regiment of foot in 1806 in Inverness Scotland reaching the rank of colour sargeant and served in the army for 22 years. At some stage he was in the United States as i have traced a daughter from his first marriage living in America in the 1830's in Boston Ma. His widowed by the 1840's as he married his second wife in 1844 in Australia. His daughter from his first marriage remained in America.
He was discharged in 1828. Can anyone help me put the pieces together within the time frame as to the movements of the 74th regiment of foot.
Regards
Vicki O'Reilly Australia

This thread: