8TH-TEXAS-CAVALRY-L Archives

Archiver > 8TH-TEXAS-CAVALRY > 2007-06 > 1183075035

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [8TH-TEXAS-CAVALRY] James Alfred Collins
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:57:16 -0000

Author: CorneliaWarner44
Surnames: Collins, McDonald, Boykin
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/topics.Military.united-20-states.civwar.texas.8thtxcavalry/69.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi, JDe,
thanks for your note. I'm sorry to see that my research is in grave error, but I'm very greatful that it has been corrected. thank you for that.
the Alabama link had me quite certain that it was our James, but it must somehow be a part of your history. perhaps our James did not fight. I do not know. I believe his brother Lewis may have, but again, I cannot say. I'll post his information and see if anyone can answer that.
our family hails from the Carolinas' though exactly where I do not know. they settled in Alabama for a time, then in 1837 the father received a land grant at the Houston Co., Texas land office, and they settled in Houston for a time-either they or the county line moved, and later I find them in Anderson Co. and then in Madison Co. Texas.

Lewis D. Collins b. abt 1792 S. Carolina d. bef 1850 Houston, TX
Cynthia/Catherine b. abt 1795 N. Carolina d. bef 1880 Madison Co., TX
William J.??? d. in or bef 1850
Mary b. abt 1822 AL d. bef 1850 TX/LA m. McDonald, Boykin
Louis Davis b. 1832 AL d. bef 1900 Madison Co. TX
Francis Lee b. 1832 AL d. 1874 Tulare Co., CA

Important Note: