8TH-TEXAS-CAVALRY-L Archives

Archiver > 8TH-TEXAS-CAVALRY > 2007-09 > 1190146928

From: ,
Subject: Re: [8TH-TEXAS-CAVALRY] Morgan L. Fitch
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 20:22:08 -0000

Author: monajstephens
Surnames: Fitch, Boaz, Walker, Sliger
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/topics.Military.united-20-states.civwar.texas.8thtxcavalry/20.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Morgan Lewis Fitch was my maternal gggrandfather. My records indicate that he was born about 1805 in Scipio, Cayuga, New York and died in Texas (no date). It appears he was married at least twice: I'm away from my records right now so I don't have the name of his first wife, but he then married my gggrandmother, Helena Boaz (b. 1818). Their children were Collin (or Collins) (b. about 1847) and Azle (b. 1849). Collin(s) married Martha Walker (b. 1849) and they had Morgan L. (b. about 1870) and my grandfather, William Azle (1875-1931), who married Louise Sliger. My mother, Della Oneta, was born of that marriage.

1880 Census indicates Helena as divorced with Collin(s), Morgan, and William in the household.

It's great to see that others are searching this branch. Please let me know if you have any further information.

Mona Stephens

Important Note: