ABERDEEN-L Archives

Archiver > ABERDEEN > 2003-06 > 1055942176

From: June A Held <>
Subject: Re: [ABERDEEN] Morrison/Henderson
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:17:49 -0500

Anne,

The IGI lists no marriage or children of a couple named GEORGE MORRISON and
MARGARET HENDERSON.

This marriage and these Christenings of children of DANIEL MORRISON and
MARGARET HENDERSON are listed in the IGI:

DANIEL MORRISON
Spouse: MARGARET HENDERSON
Marriage: 27 MAR 1831 Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland
Source Information: LDS microfilm 0991202

GEORGE HENDERSON MORISON Christening: 24 SEP 1832 Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen,
Aberdeen, Scotland
ELIZABETH MORISON Christening: 02 DEC 1836 Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen,
Aberdeen, Scotland
MARGARET MORISON Christening: 18 NOV 1838 Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen,
Aberdeen, Scotland
DANIEL MORISON Christening: 12 FEB 1841 Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen, Aberdeen,
Scotland
DANIEL MORISON Christening: 01 AUG 1843 Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen, Aberdeen,
Scotland
MORRISON Christening: 08 DEC 1845 Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland
JOHN MORRISON Christening: 17 NOV 1847 Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen, Aberdeen,
Scotland
ANN MORRISON Christening: 09 SEP 1851 Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen, Aberdeen,
Scotland
Source Information: LDS microfilm 0991199, 0991200, and 0991204

Also this marriage:
MARGARET MORRISON Marriage: 13 DEC 1861 St Nicholas, Aberdeen, Aberdeen,
Scotland

Do any of these siblings match your George's family?

At 04:09 AM 6/18/03 -0600, you wrote:
>From: "anne" <>
>Subject: [ABERDEEN] Morrison/Henderson
>
>Hello All
>My George Morrison was born in Aberdeen c1832. Stated on his marriage
>certificate his parents George Morrison and Margaret Henderson.
>I can not find this couple but can see a Daniel Morrison married to
>Margaret Henderson in 1830 in Aberdeen on the IGI.
>My problem - how can I verify either of these couples to be his parents?
>Are Daniel and Margaret on any directories/census returns with children named?
>Can anyone find a George and Margaret?
>Where to go next.? I do have the marriage details referred to, it took
>place in Victoria Australia in 1857.
>Help please.
>Anne
>New Zealand.