ABOUT-WORDS-L Archives

Archiver > ABOUT-WORDS > 2003-09 > 1063070614

From: "Bruce Todd" <>
Subject: Re: [ABOUT WORDS] Roger the Lodger
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 21:23:34 -0400

In a book entitled "Limericks" on my shelf, the only limerick out of the
1700 with "Roger the lodger" in it is the following -

There was a young girl of Cape Cod
Who dreamt she'd been b u g g e r e d by God
But it wasn't Jehovah
That turned the girl over
'Twas Roger the lodger, the dirty old codger
The b u g g e r, the b a s t a r d, the sod!

There is a variation of this which replaces lines three and four with
the following -

But 'tweren't the Almighty
That lifted her nightie

There is another variation that I will bypass.

Bruce.