ACADIAN-CAJUN-L Archives

Archiver > ACADIAN-CAJUN > 2001-04 > 0987510852

Subject: Re: Deportation ships part I
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 08:34:12 EDT

In a message dated 4/16/01 10:09:04 PM Central Daylight Time, DebraH81 writes:

> I am researching my grandmothers family,Rousseau de Villejoin. Gabriel
> Rousseau de Villejoin is mentioned . How can I get more information on the
> newsletter or the name of the ship this family may had been on?

What I did to find the ship on which my ancestor was deported was:
first find out where your ancestor resided before the deportation.
Second find out where your ancestor was sent for the exile.

Then if you are lucky, as I was, the name of the ship will be mentioned as
the one that transported the Acadians to that location.

The census of 1963 is a way of locating your ancestor in exile.

Good luck.

This thread: