ACADIAN-FRENCH-CANADIAN-L Archives

Archiver > ACADIAN-FRENCH-CANADIAN > 2008-03 > 1205190925

From: "Michele Doucette" <>
Subject: Re: [AFC] Ascendancy to Charlemagne through Catherine de Baillon
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:45:25 -0230

Hello there Lucie,

The article referencing the ascending lineage of Catherine de Baillon from Charlemagne can be located at http://habitant.org/baillon/#Article. The book, Table d'ascendance de Catherine Baillon can be located at http://habitant.org/baillon/#Book.

My lines go so incredibly confusing. At first, I thought that this was my only ascendancy line (through Jean Milville dit Deschênes and Marie Madeleine Dubé).

1. Michele Anne Doucette
2. Anne Elizabeth Feeley ~ Albert Doucette
3. Marie Catherine (Kay) Breau ~ James Henry (Harry) Feeley
4. André Breau ~ Marie Philomène Mallet
5. Marie Landry ~ Louis Breau
6. Alexandre Landry ~ Justine Lanteigne
7. Pascal Landry ~ Madeleine LeClerc
8. Marie Véronique Guéret dit Dumont ~ Pascal Landry
9. Marie Véronique (Geneviève) Milville dit Deschênes ~ Pierre Guéret dit Dumont
10. Joseph Milville dit Deschênes ~ Marie Catherine Mignier dit Lagacé
11. Jean Bernard Milville dit Deschênes ~ Marie François Soucy
12. Jean Milville dit Deschênes ~ Marie Madeleine Dubé
13. Catherine Baillon ~ Jacques Milville dit Deschênes

We know that Catherine was a filles du roi. Accordingly, Catherine, being from a family directly connected to French nobility, carried a dowry of 950 livres plus 50 livres from the King of France.

14. Alphonse Baillon ~ Louise de Marle
15. Renée Maillard ~ Adam Baillon
16. Miles Maillard ~ Marie Morant
17. Bénigne Le Bouteillier ~ Jacques Maillard
18. Jean Le Bouteillier ~ Marie de Venois
19. Guy II Le Bouteillier ~ Isabeau Morhier
20. Catherine de Gavre d'Escornaix ~ Guy I Le Bouteillier
21. Isabelle de Ghistelles ~ Arnould VI de Gavre
22. Roger de Ghistelles ~ Marguerite --------
23. Jean VI de Ghistelles ~ Marie de Haverskerke
24. Marguerite de Luxembourg ~ Jean III de Ghistelles
25. Mathilde de Clèves ~ Gérard de Luxembourg
26. Élisabeth de Brabant ~ Thierry de Clèves
27. Henri I (Duke of Brabant) ~ Marie de France
28. Philippe II Auguste (King of France) ~ Agnès d'Andechs de Méranie
29. Louis VII (King of France) ~ Adèle de Blois de Champagne
30. Louis VI (King of France) ~ Adélaide de Savoie (of Savoy)
31. Philippe I (King of France) ~ Berthe de Holland (of Holland)
32. Henri I (King of France) ~ Anne de Russie (of Russia)
33. Robert II (King of France) ~ Constance de Provence
34. Hughes Capet (first Capetian King of France) ~ Adélaide de Poitou
35. Hughes le Grand (Duke of France) ~ Hedwige de Saxe (of Saxony)
36. Béatrice de Vermandois ~ Robert I (King of France)
37. Héribert I (Count of Vermandois) ~ unknown
38. Count Pépin II of Vermandois ~ unknown
39. Bernard (King of Italy) ~ Cunégonde
40. Pépin I (King of Italy) ~ unknown
41. Charlemagne (Charles I) ~ Hildegard

Turns out here is another ascendancy line (through Charles Milville and Marie Marthe Vallée).

1. Michele Anne Doucette
2. Anne Elizabeth Feeley ~ Albert Doucette
3. Marie Catherine (Kay) Breau ~ James Henry (Harry) Feeley
4. André Breau ~ Marie Philomène Mallet
5. Marie Landry ~ Louis Breau
6. Alexandre Landry ~ Justine Lanteigne
7. Madeleine LeClerc ~ Pascal Landry
8. Jean Baptiste LeClerc ~ Madeleine Thébault
9. Marie Josette Duval dit Dupaulo ~ Jean Baptiste LeClerc
10. Catherine Milville ~ Jean Duval dit Dupaulo
11. Charles Milville ~ Marie Marthe Vallée
12. Catherine Baillon ~ Jacques Milville dit Deschênes

CONTINUES AS PER ABOVE.

I have been meaning to ask you, Lucie, might there be some way of actually securing a paper trail of document copies from Catherine de Baillon, through both Charles and Jean, down to my G Grandparents (André Breau ~ Marie Philomène Mallet)? What would this involve? What would I have to do?

In keeping with Pierre Guéret dit Dumont, husband of Marie Véronique (Geneviève) Milville dit Deschênes, there is another possible Royal Gateway being explored through the Francoise De Méhérenc de Montmirel connection. According to Denis Beauregard, the posting at http://www.francogene.com/genealogy/qrd30.php states the line to look correct, the researcher (Jean Bunot) being most reliable.

January 26, 2004 - Jean Bunot (first gateway)
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/gen-medieval/2004-01/1075135600
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/gen-medieval/2005-11/1131822200

June 20, 2004 - Jean Bunot (second gateway)
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/gen-medieval/2004-06/1087757651

June 20, 2004 - Jean Bunot (third gateway)
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/gen-medieval/2004-06/1087761398
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/gen-medieval/2004-06/1088004465

Other interesting postings by Jean Bunot include ......

Le Bouteiller (Baillon) new royal gateway?
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/gen-medieval/2004-12/1101930387
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/gen-medieval/2004-12/1102228985

Now, if it weren't for you posting your line here, Lucie, I might not have taken a closer look. It turns out that I have, yet, another ascendancy line (through King Louis I, another son of Charlemagne).

Alphonse Baillon ~ Louise de Marle
Renée Maillard ~ Adam Baillon
Miles Maillard ~ Marie Morant
Bénigne Le Bouteillier ~ Jacques Maillard
Jean Le Bouteillier ~ Marie de Venois
Guy II Le Bouteillier ~ Isabeau Morhier
Catherine de Gavre d'Escornaix ~ Guy I Le Bouteillier
Isabelle de Ghistelles ~ Arnould VI de Gavre
Roger de Ghistelles ~ Marguerite --------
Jean VI de Ghistelles ~ Marie de Haverskerke
Marguerite de Luxembourg ~ Jean III de Ghistelles
Mathilde de Clèves ~ Gérard de Luxembourg
Élisabeth de Brabant ~ Thierry de Clèves
Henri I (Duke of Brabant) ~ Marie de France
Philippe II Auguste (King of France) ~ Agnès d'Andechs de Méranie
Adèle de Blois de Champagne ~ Louis VII (King of France)
Count Theobald II (the Great) of Champagne (Count Theobald IV of Blois) ~ Matilda of Carinthia
Adela of Normandy ~ Count Stephen II of Blois
Matilda (Maud) of Flanders ~ King William I (of Endland) de St. Clair
Princess Adela (Alix) ~ Count Baldwin V of Flanders
Robert II (King of France) ~ Constance de Provence
Hughes Capet (first Capetian King of France) ~ Adélaide de Poitou
Hughes le Grand (Duke of France) ~ Hedwige de Saxe (of Saxony)
Robert I (King of France) ~ Béatrice de Vermandois ~
Princess Adelaide ~ Robert the Strong, Duke of France
King Louis I ~ Ermenegarde of Hesbaye
Charlemagne (Charles I) ~ Hildegarde

WHICH ALSO CONTINUES AS PER THE TWO LINEAGES ABOVE.

Oh, what a tangled web our ancestors have spun. I am not sure if I will ever be finished with these ever-growing branches.

It can also be further historically documented that ......

THE MEROVINGIAN LINE
Clovis I (THE GREAT) ~ St. Clothilde de Burgundy
King of the Salian Franks (481-486).
King of the Franks (486-511).

By age 20 he was a powerful leader, destined to become the most influential figure in the West. His wife was a Catholic, and managed to convert him at a time when the entire Catholic Church was on the verge of collapse. Word of his conversion soon spread and everyone in his realm began converting. Had it not been to please his wife, the entire course of history in Europe would have been dramatically different, and Catholics would have been relegated to some minor sect. Instead, the Catholic bishops now used this opportunity to manoeuver the Merovingians strategically out of the picture. Clovis unwittingly fell victim to a conspiracy against the Messianic bloodline. King Clovis died in Paris at the age of 45. His vast kingdom was divided among his four sons to rule, circa 511.
Clotaire I ~ Aregund von Thuringia
King of Soissons (511-558).
King of Austrasia (555-558).
King of the Franks (558-561).

Chilperic I ~ Fredegund
King of Soissons (561-584).
King of the Franks (567-584).

Clotaire II ~ Haldetrude
King of Soissons (584-613).
King of the Franks (613-628).

Dagobert I ~ Nantilde (Nanthilda)
King of Soissons (622-628).
King of the Franks (628-639).

Dagobert was only five years old when his father died. He was kidnapped and hidden in Ireland, where he managed to get an education while at the Slane Monastery, near Dublin. His mother was told he had died. At age 15 he married the Celtic Princess Matilde, but she died soon after and he decided to return to France. Meanwhile Grimoald, who had kidnapped Dagobert, put his own son on the throne. Dagobert married a niece of the Visigoth King. Grimoald's plot was thwarted for a while, and after 20 years absence, Dagobert was reinstated as rightful king. Soon after he was lanced to death and the Church reinstated the Grimoald line. This began a change in succession of royalty. It was no longer a blood right, but something that could be appointed and coronated by the Church (circa 761 Pépin the Short in league with the Pope was the first coronated king, deposing Childeric, the next rightful successor. Pépin began the line of Kings known as the Carolingians).

19. Clovis II ~ Bathilde (Batilde) de France
King of Nestria and Burgundy (639-655).

20. Thierry (Theuderic) III ~ Clotilde
King of Nestria and Burgundy (675).
King of Austrasia (675-691).

In the 730's Islam (the Moors) were forced to retreat to Narbonne, in the South of France. Pépin the Short couldn't win against them without help. He sought help from the Jews. They agreed to help but only if a Hebrew King, a recognized descendent of the Royal House of David was restored and a Jewish kingdom was again established in the territory of Burgundy. Pépin agreed and the Jews ousted the Moors, and then established the kingdom of Septimania (The Midi) with Narbonne as its capitol. Theuderic had been ousted from power. He was married to Pépin the Short's sister, Alda. Their son, Count Guilhelm de Toulouse, became King of Septimania in 768.

Bertrada of Prüm ~ Count Martin de Laon
She is cofounder and benefactor of the Prüm Abbey. Togther, mother and son, Count Caribert of Laon, founded the abbey in 721.

Count Caribert de Laon ~ Bertrada of Cologne

Bertrada de Laon ~ Pépin III ---------------------------------> THE PARENTS OF CHARLEMAGNE = THE CAROLINGIAN LINE BEGINS
Duke of Brabant
King of the Franks (751-768).

Hugs,
Michele

PS. Céline Dion is also a direct descendant of Charlemagne.

This thread: