ACADIAN-L Archives

Archiver > ACADIAN > 2010-10 > 1288162912

From: "Gary Darnsteadt" <>
Subject: Re: [ACADIAN] LeBleu confusion?
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 00:01:52 -0700

Gordon,

I never saw an answer to your question, so I took a look for you. I think
the following entries prove that Martin Camersac LEBLEU & Bartolome LEBLEU
are the same person. To be 100% sure, I think you would have to read Martin
COMERSAC LEBLEU's will at the LSAR or perhaps someone else could provide
more proof.

1 -- On 26 Oct 1769, Barthelmy LEBLEUX married Marie Josephe De LA MIRANDE.

"De LA MIRANDE, Marie Josephe (Joseph De LA MIRANDE & Hypolite [omitted])
native of Kaskaskia, Illinois, Parish of Immaculate Conception, married 16
October 1769 Barthelmy LEBLEUX (Louis LEBLEUX & Marie GENTILS, both
deceased) of Arkansas. [both residents at the Opelousas, went to Pointe
Coupee to have the nuptual benediction since there was no priest at
Opelousas.] Witnesses who signed: Josephe De La MIRNADE, fils (Jr), Marie
CHAUVIN, COURTABLEAU, BARON, fils (Jr). Fr. IRENNE, Cap(uchin)." (DBR Vol.
1b, Pages 51 & 104 (PCP-4, 47 also PCP-2, 83))

2 -- On 30 Oct 1789, Arsene LEBLEU the son of Bartholomew BLEUVE & Marie
Josephe LA MIRANDE is baptized.

"LEBLEU, Arsene (Bartholomew BLEUVE & Marie Josephe LA MIRANDE) bt. 30 Oct.
1789 - supplied ceremony for baptism which was previously performed at home.
Spons: Joseph TESIER & Hipolitte BARTHOLOMEW. Fr. Pedro de ZAMORA, Capuchin
priest." (Opel Ch Vol. 1A, Page 94)

3 -- On 22 Jun 1816, The baptism of Arsene's son, Martin LEBLEU, lists the
paternal grandparents as Martin CAMARSAC & Jospehe LAMIRANDE.

"LEBLEU, Martin (Celeste ANDRES & according to what they declared to me -
Arsene LEBLEU, of this parish) b. 1 Dec. 1815, bt. 22 June 1816 Pats:
Martin CAMARSAC - from around Bordeaux in France & Josephe LAMIRANDE; Mats:
Benjamin ANDRES - of Atakapas & Marthe HAYSE - from Natches, inhabiting "La
Riviere Carcoussion" [Calcasieu River]; Spons: Martin LEBLEU & Sarah
ANDRES. Fr. Michel Bernard BARRIERE." (Opel Ch Vol. 2, Page 80)

4 -- On 21 Feb 1817, Martin LEBLEU COMERSAC's will was probated (He had
actually died in 1797.)

"LEBLEU, Arsene (Martin & Josette LAMIRANDE) In will of Martin COMERSAC
dated 21 Feb. 1817 (LSAR: Opel.:1817)"

"LEBLEU, Martin - natural children with Josette LAMIRANDE: Arsene;
Baptiste; Martin; Catherine m. Charles SALLIER. He states that he never
married. Will dated 21 Feb. 1817 (LSAR: Opel.:1817)

Cheers,
Gary Darnsteadt