ADAMS-L Archives

Archiver > ADAMS > 2000-02 > 0950206983

From: Edwin Jones <>
Subject: [ADAMS-L] Search for William ADAMS & Jane McDaniel Nelson Cty, Ky. 1700's
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:23:03 -0800

Hello ADAMS Researchers,
Today I'm searching for my wife's family lines. I also have an ADAMS
line & would like to find a common ancestor for our ADAMS lines.

I have a marr. bond for Margaret ADAMS who marr. Robert
GILCREES/GILCHRIST 4/4/1791 in Nelson Cty, Ky. Margaret was born
1/11/1761 probably Mercer cty, Ky. From the marr. bond I have her
parents being William ADAMS & Jane McDaniel. The marr. bond was signed
by Eli ADAMS who I think was Margaret's brother. I have data indicating
Eli marr. Rebecca McDaniel 4/20/1798 Nelson Cty Ky. It seems Eli &
Rebecca might have been cousins but I need to know if Jane McDaniel had
a brother who had a dau. named Rebecca. Anyone have the parents &
siblings for Jane McDaniel ? I'm interested in any data regarding this
ADAMS family.

My 3'rd gr grandparents were Thomas ADAMS & Catherine WATSON who were
marr. 12/16/1794 in Bourbon Cty, Ky. Trying to find the parents for
Thomas. Some researchers suggest the parents for Thomas was Elijah ADAMS
& Hannah BLAIR from Pa. After Elijah died Hannah supposidly went to
Nicholas Cty, Ky. Thomas & Catherine were also living in Nicholas cty
early 1800's.

Any help on these two ADAMS lines would be appreciated.

Ed Jones New Palestine, In.

This thread: