ADKINS-L Archives

Archiver > ADKINS > 1996-11 > 0848559680

From: "James J. Adkins II" <>
Subject: Re: Luke Adkins' wife
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 01:01:20 -0600

At 12:35 AM 11/21/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Do you have any other children for David and Judith? I have John and Luke.
>
>Sherranlynn

Descendants of David ADKINS - 21 Nov 1996

FIRST GENERATION

1. David ADKINS was born in 1754 in Lunenberg County, Virginia. He died
in 1832 in Louisa, Lawrence County, Kentucky. He was buried in 1832 in
Louisa, Lawrence County, Kentucky. He served in the military in Fought in
the Revolutionary War.

He was married to Judith ? on 27 May 1784. David ADKINS and Judith ? had
the following children:

2i.David ADKINS Jr. was born in 1785 in Franklin County, Virginia. He
died after 1840 in Fayette County, Virginia.
+3ii.Adelphia ADKINS.
4iii.Susan ADKINS was born in 1790 in Montgomery County (Giles), Virginia.
+5iv.Mark ADKINS.
+6v.Luke ADKINS.
+7vi.John ADKINS.
+8vii.Hamilton ADKINS.
9viii.Daughter ADKINS.
10ix.Daughter ADKINS.

He was married to Sylvaneous "Sylvia" ADKINS on 19 May 1807 in Greenbriar
County, Virginia. Sylvaneous "Sylvia" ADKINS was born in 1788 in
Montgomery County (Giles), Virginia. She died. David ADKINS and
Sylvaneous "Sylvia" ADKINS had the following children:

+11i.Enoch ADKINS.
12ii.Fanny ADKINS was born in 1812 in Giles County, Virginia.
+13iii.Goldsberry ADKINS.
14iv.Martin ADKINS was born in 1817 in Floyd County, Kentucky.
15v.Nichallberry ADKINS was born in 1820 in Floyd County, Kentucky.
+16vi.Elliott ADKINS.
+17vii.Green L. ADKINS.
+18viii.Lafayette ADKINS.
+19ix.Benjamin Franklin Thomas "B.F.T." ADKINS.
20x.Daughter ADKINS.

SECOND GENERATION

3. Adelphia ADKINS was born in 1786 in Franklin County, Virginia. She
died between 1860 and 1870.

She was married to Joshua ADKINS (son of Joseph ADKINS) on 24 Apr 1807 in
Greenbriar County, Virginia. Joshua ADKINS was born in 1785 in Montgomery
County (Giles), Virginia. He died between 1860 and 1870. Adelphia ADKINS
and Joshua ADKINS had the following children:

21i.Luke ADKINS was born in 1815.
22ii.Joshua ADKINS Jr. was born in 1818 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
+23iii.Matthew ADKINS.
+24iv.John ADKINS.

5. Mark ADKINS was born in 1792 in Franklin County, Virginia. He died
after 1860 in Lincoln County, West Virginia.

He was married to Katherine "Katy" LOVEJOY (daughter of Josephus LOVEJOY
and Mary "Polly" REDDING) in 1820 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
Katherine "Katy" LOVEJOY was born in 1801. She died after 1860 in Lincoln
County, West Virginia. Mark ADKINS and Katherine "Katy" LOVEJOY had the
following children:

25i.Elisha ADKINS was born in 1821 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
+26ii.David ADKINS.
+27iii.Margaret "Peggy" ADKINS.
+28iv.Sarah ADKINS.
+29v.Joshua ADKINS.
30vi.Eliza ADKINS was born in 1833 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
+31vii.Caleb ADKINS.
32viii.Hulda ADKINS was born in 1840 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
33ix.Clarissa ADKINS was born in 1843 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
34x.Son ADKINS was born.

6. Luke ADKINS was born on 14 Feb 1794 in Montgomery County (Giles),
Virginia. He died on 5 Oct 1884 in Charleston, Kanawha County, West
Virginia. He was buried on 8 Oct 1884 in Adkins Cemetery in the South
Hills section of Charleston, WV.

He was married to Sarah LOVEJOY (daughter of Josephus LOVEJOY and Mary
"Polly" REDDING) on 16 Oct 1816 in Greenbriar County, Virginia. Sarah
LOVEJOY was born in 1798 in Shenadoah County, Virginia. Luke ADKINS and
Sarah LOVEJOY had the following children:

+35i.Judith ADKINS.
36ii.Anderson ADKINS was born on 23 Jan 1818 in Floyd County, Kentucky.
He died on 12 Sep 1903. He was buried on 15 Sep 1903 in Collins Knob, Mud
River, Lincoln County, West Virginia.
37iii.Clarissa ADKINS was born in 1822 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
+38iv.Hulda ADKINS.
+39v.Docia ADKINS.
40vi.Catherine ADKINS was born in 1829 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
+41vii.Hamilton S. ADKINS.
+42viii.Richard "Dick" L. ADKINS.
43ix.Mary ADKINS was born in 1837 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
+44x.Elizabeth ADKINS.
+45xi.Martha ADKINS.

Mattie Snodgrass SMITH was born on 24 Apr 1856 in Cabell County, West
Virginia.

7. John ADKINS was born in 1798 in Montgomery County (Giles), Virginia.

He was married to Lovey "Lucy" PLUMLEY (daughter of John PLUMLEY and
Catherine KAYLOR) in 1821 in Greenbriar County, Virginia. Lovey "Lucy"
PLUMLEY was born in 1806 in Giles County, Virginia. She died after 1870.
John ADKINS and Lovey "Lucy" PLUMLEY had the following children:

+46i.Catherine "Kate" ADKINS.
+47ii.Andrew "Andy" Jackson ADKINS.
+48iii.James "Jim" Willis ADKINS.
+49iv.Judith ADKINS.
+50v.Mark ADKINS.
+51vi.Emily R. ADKINS.
+52vii.Clarissa "Clara" ADKINS.
+53viii.Mathias ADKINS.
54ix.Kennous "Kennon" ADKINS was born in Jun 1843 in Cabell County, West
Virginia. She died.
+55x.Clara ADKINS.
+56xi.Sarah ADKINS.
57xii.Ellender "Ellenor" ADKINS was born in 1850 in Boone County, West
Virginia.

8. Hamilton ADKINS was born in 1806 in Giles County, Virginia.

He was married to Jane BRAGG on 30 Aug 1828 in Cabell County, West
Virginia. Jane BRAGG was born in Oct 1811 in Monroe County, Virginia.
Hamilton ADKINS and Jane BRAGG had the following children:

58i.Hiram ADKINS was born in Aug 1829 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
+59ii.Luke G. ADKINS.
+60iii.America ADKINS.
61iv.Blackburn ADKINS was born in Aug 1835 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
62v.Susan ADKINS was born in Dec 1836 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
63vi.Venilla ADKINS was born in 1842 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
64vii.Cynthia ADKINS was born in 1844 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
She died on 4 Apr 1854 in Boone County, West Virginia.
65viii.Marinda ADKINS was born in 1845 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
66ix.Mary E. ADKINS was born in 1846 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
67x.Clayburn G. ADKINS was born in May 1850 in Boone County, West Virginia.
68xi.Rebecca ADKINS was born in 1851 in Boone County, West Virginia.
69xii.Sarah ADKINS was born in 1855 in Boone County, West Virginia.
70xiii.Martha ADKINS was born in 1861 in Boone County, West Virginia.
71xiv.Jessee ADKINS was born.

11. Enoch ADKINS was born in 1808 in Giles County, Virginia.

He was married to Sally BURCHETT in 1833 in Lawrence County, Kentucky.

13. Goldsberry ADKINS was born on 31 Jan 1815 in Giles County, Virginia.
He was buried in Goldsberry Cemetery, Hamlin, Lincoln County, West Virginia.

He was married to Cynthia Ann LOVEJOY (daughter of Josephus LOVEJOY and
Mary "Polly" REDDING) in 1842. Cynthia Ann LOVEJOY was born in 1821. She
died in 1860. She was buried in 1860 in Goldsberry Cemetery, Hamlin,
Lincoln County, West Virginia. Goldsberry ADKINS and Cynthia Ann LOVEJOY
had the following children:

72i.Martin ADKINS was born in 1842 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
+73ii.Elliott ADKINS.
74iii.Julia Ann "Juliann" ADKINS was born in Aug 1845 in Cabell County,
West Virginia.
75iv.Sarah L. ADKINS was born in 1860 in Boone County, West Virginia.

He was married to Mary Susan EGNOR (daughter of Archibald EGNOR and Lahoma
MASSEY) on 27 Mar 1862 in Kanawha County, Virginia (Wayne County, WV).
Mary Susan EGNOR was born in 1844 in Boone County, West Virginia.
Goldsberry ADKINS and Mary Susan EGNOR had the following children:

+76i.Victoria ADKINS.
+77ii.Viola ADKINS.
78iii.Ira ADKINS was born in 1869 in Lincoln County, West Virginia.
79iv.Golza ADKINS was born in 1870 in Lincoln County, West Virginia.

16. Elliott ADKINS was born in 1822 in Louisa, Lawrence County, Kentucky.
He died before 1900.

He was married to Rebecca ADKINS (daughter of William ADKINS and Elizabeth
MEADOWS) in 1862. Rebecca ADKINS was born in 1832 in Cabell County, West
Virginia. She died after 1900. Elliott ADKINS and Rebecca ADKINS had the
following children:

+80i.Napolean ADKINS.
81ii.Henry ADKINS was born in 1875.
82iii.David "Dave" ADKINS.
83iv.James Edward "Ed" ADKINS was born.

17. Green L. ADKINS was born in 1826 in Floyd County, Kentucky.

He was married to Anna ADKINS (daughter of Littleberry ADKINS Jr. and
Delphia ADKINS). Anna ADKINS was born in May 1827 in Cabell County, West
Virginia. Green L. ADKINS and Anna ADKINS had the following children:

+84i.Martin ADKINS.
85ii.Sarah ADKINS was born in May 1853.
86iii.Alwilda ADKINS.
87iv.Jarrett ADKINS was born in Jul 1861.
88v.Willie S. ADKINS was born in Mar 1864.
89vi.Millie Mae ADKINS.
90vii.Wesley ADKINS was born in Aug 1868.

18. Lafayette ADKINS was born in 1827 in Lawrence County, Kentucky. He
served in the military in Civil War.

He was married to Catherine PLUMLEY (daughter of Mathias PLUMLEY and Mary
SMITH) on 3 Apr 1844 in Cabell County, West Virginia. Catherine PLUMLEY
was born in 1831 in Cabell County, West Virginia. Lafayette ADKINS and
Catherine PLUMLEY had the following children:

91i.Greenville ADKINS was born in Sep 1845 in Cabell County, West Virginia.
92ii.Thomas ADKINS was born in 1849 in Boone County, West Virginia.
93iii.Adeline ADKINS was born in 1851 in Boone County, West Virginia.
94iv.John W. ADKINS was born in 1853 in Boone County, West Virginia.
95v.Roland ADKINS was born in 1854 in Boone County, West Virginia.
96vi.Laura ADKINS was born in 1856 in Boone County, West Virginia.
97vii.Sampson ADKINS was born in 1859 in Boone County, West Virginia.
98viii.Berry ADKINS was born in 1862 in Boone County, West Virginia.
99ix.Mary ADKINS was born in 1865 in Boone County, West Virginia.
100x.Valery ADKINS was born in 1866 in Boone County, West Virginia.
101xi.Cynthia ADKINS was born in 1868 in Lincoln County, West Virginia.

He was married to Cinderella JOHNSON on 7 May 1867 in Lincoln County, West
Virginia. Lafayette ADKINS and Cinderella JOHNSON had the following children:

102i.Lafayette ADKINS Jr. was born in 1867 in Lincoln County, West
Virginia.

He was married to Mary M. LAMBERT on 9 Mar 1869 in Lincoln County, West
Virginia. Mary M. LAMBERT was born in 1851. Lafayette ADKINS and Mary M.
LAMBERT had the following children:

103i.Sinderella ADKINS was born in 1869 in Lincoln County, West Virginia.
104ii.Elbina ADKINS was born in 1870 in Lincoln County, West Virginia.

He was married to Louisa J. SPEARS on 31 Dec 1875 in Lincoln County, West
Virginia.

He was married to Clary KINCAID on 3 Dec 1881 in Lincoln County, West
Virginia.

He was married to Margaret LEWIS on 17 May 1886 in Lincoln County, West
Virginia.

He was married to Eliza ADKINS on 31 Oct 1889 in Lincoln County, West
Virginia.

19. Benjamin Franklin Thomas "B.F.T." ADKINS was born in 1831.

| |
| http://fly.hiwaay.net/~jjadkins/genealogy/ |
| http://fly.hiwaay.net/~jjadkins/lcwv/ |
| |
| 4015 Apollo Drive, Huntsville, AL 35805-5601 |
| Researching: |
| |
| Adkins, Chandler, Hager, Pennington, Sias, Walls, Yeager |

This thread: