ADKINS-L Archives

Archiver > ADKINS > 1996-11 > 0848707873

From: Sherranlynn Kincaid Nichols <>
Subject: Re: Luke Adkins' wife
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 18:11:13 -0600

Hi James

Thanks so much for sending the chart. That was so nice of you. I have a
question.

I know there are two Hamilton Adkins b. a. the same time. One married my
great-grandmother's sister Debby Kincaid and I found him listed as Richard
Hamiton Adkins on a census. He also married again in Fayette Co. and gave
his parents as David and Polly. I was under the impression that he was the
Hamilton you have listed as s/o David and Judith.

I knew of this David going to Lawrence Co. KY and then his younger children
moving back to Giles Co. VA. My Hamilton says he was b. a. 1791 Giles Co.

Do you know about the David and wife Polly? Was he the son of Jacob and
Judith? Did his sons include Parker, Sherrod, David and dau Judith? I'm
referring to the Parker that died in Raleigh Co. a. 1857.

Are these David's one and the same? Do I have them confused?

Thanks

Sherranlynn

This thread: