ADKINS-L Archives

Archiver > ADKINS > 2011-05 > 1305227493

From: "" <>
Subject: [ADKINS] Descendants of Chief "Young Peter" Cornstalk---Dawes??
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 19:11:33 -0000

Author: cariewestbrook1
Surnames: Adkins, Cornstalk
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.adkins/3072/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi My name is Carie Adkins Westbrook. Young Peter Cornstalk is my 7th g-gf through his daughter White Wing "Big Nancy" Cornstalk and Elijah Adkins. She married Elijah, having 4 children with him 3 boys and one daughter "little Nancy". She left Elijah, taking Little Nancy with her. She then became the 3rd wife of Tecumseh. I am vigorous in my search to find a roll number connecting me to her or her descendants. White Wing's son Richard Adkins had a son named James. James's daughter Sarah Anne Catherine Adkins is the mother of my great great grandfather Joseph Preston Adkins. My great grandfather is Arch William Adkins , grandfather Lonnie Roe Adkins, and my father is Billy Roe Adkins.

I am hoping to find other descendants of Elijah and White Wing. I am also hoping to find a connection on the Dawes Rolls to this side of my lineage. Being descendant of White Wing, means you are descendant of two great Chiefs in History, firsst being Young Peter's father Chief Cornstalk , and the other being his grandfather on his mother's side Supreme Chief Moytoy II of Tellico. I so wish to make connections with other descendant, Adkins and not. And finding a roll number that would allow me to obtain my own CDIB card would be beneficial to me bc I live in the area of Tahlequah, OK, where the Western Band of Cherokee HQ is located. If anyone has any info about any of the mentioned ppl or knowledge of a roll numbe ron the Dawes final rolls connecting to any of the people mention, I would greatly appreciate collaberation.

Thanks, Carie

Important Note: