ADVANCED-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > ADVANCED-RESEARCH > 2004-05 > 1084839601

From: "Mark Lomax" <>
Subject: Re: [ADVANRES] 1940 census
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:20:41 -0700

Access to the 1940 census is obtained through the Census Bureau's "Age
Search Service." The criteria for access are very restrictive; access for
genealogical purposes is not allowed. Also, there is a $40 fee. Here is a
link to the page describing the process:

http://www.census.gov/genealogy/www/agesearch.html

Mark Lomax
Pasadena, CA