AFHA-L Archives

Archiver > AFHA > 2002-01 > 1010846503

From: "Mary Jackson" <>
Subject: Re: [AFHA] Re: PIONEERS AND MAKER OF ARKANSAS
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 08:42:41 -0600

Sorry, no listing for Newsoms.

----- Original Message -----
From: "JENE J ENNINGS" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 1998 4:39 AM
Subject: [AFHA] Re: PIONEERS AND MAKER OF ARKANSAS

> MARY, would you please do a lookup for Newsoms of Strong union co, ark.
thanks so much. Sherry Newsom Jennings

> wrote:

> > AFHA-D Digest Volume 02 : Issue 9
> >
> > Today's Topics:
> > #1 Re: [AFHA] Re: Pioneers and Makers ["Mary Jackson"
<>]
> > #2 Re: [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of ["Mary Jackson"
<>]
> > #3 Re: [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of ["Mary Jackson"
<>]
> > #4 Re: [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of ["Mary Jackson"
<>]
> > #5 [AFHA] Re: Pioneers and Makers of ["Mary Jackson"
<>]
> > #6 [AFHA] Re: Pioneers and Makers of ["Mary Jackson"
<>]
> > #7 Re: [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of ["Mary Jackson"
<>]
> > #8 Re: [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of ["Mary Jackson"
<>]
> > #9 Re: [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of ["Mary Jackson"
<>]
> > #10 Re: [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of ["Mary Jackson"
<>]
> > #11 [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of Arka ["Beth Howser"
<>]
> > #12 [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of Arka []
> > #13 Re: [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of ["James Young"
<>]
> > #14 Re: [AFHA] Re: Pioneers and Makers ["Rebecca D. Ramirez"
<greatlita@ju]
> > #15 [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers ["dale and melinda wade"
<]
> > #16 Re: [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of ["beaoq" <>]
> > #17 [AFHA] Wanted:Directories ["Susan Kaufman"
<]
> > #18 [AFHA] (AFHA) Pioneerws and Makers [EMILY BUNTEN
<>]

> > Administrivia:
> > To unsubscribe from AFHA-D, send a message to
> >

> > that contains in the body of the message the command
> >
> > unsubscribe
> >
> > and no other text. No subject line is necessary, but if your software
> > requires one, just use unsubscribe in the subject, too.
> >
> > To contact the AFHA-D list administrator, send mail to
> > .
> >
> > ______________________________

> > Subject: Re: [AFHA] Re: Pioneers and Makers of Arkansas
> > Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 01:03:30 -0600
> > From: "Mary Jackson" <>
> >
> > Sorry, no Jolliff's listed.

Love
> > or Stobaugh. Maddux is mentioned only as Maddux Bay, a lake 4 miles
from
> > White River.

Strong.

Little
> > Pioneers
> > me

> > ______________________________

> > Subject: [AFHA] Re: Pioneers and Makers of Arkansas Lookup
> > Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 01:09:23 -0600
> > From: "Mary Jackson" <>
> >
> > Sorry, no listing for a Mary Gray. The only Kirkland is Joseph and the
only
> > Fisher is James.

Washburn
> > is
> > > a brick wall. I am not sure who/where he belongs.
> > > I just know he married Mary Gray in Hot Springs 1859. Franklin W. and
> > Mary
> > > GRAY are both mysterys. Mary's mother was Sarah KIRKLAND married
Nicholas
> > > FISHER in Hot Springs. I am stuck with Mary as Sarah's daughter or
some
> > > other kin and who? Franklin W. WASHBURN is a total mystery.
> > >
> > > So I thank you for your time in trying to help.
> > >
> > > Have a nice evening.
> > >
> > > Vickye White
> > >

> > ______________________________

> > Subject: Re: [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of Arkansas
> > Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 01:10:48 -0600
> > From: "Mary Jackson" <>
> >
> > The only Mason's listed are Joseph and James W.

look up in your book "Pioneers and Makers of Arkansas", would you please add
me to the list. The name I am seeking is Thomas R. Mason, Jackson County
Arkansas. It is said that he was noted for his work in the Reconstruction
Era of Arkansas, but I have not located this information. Any information
that your book might contain regarding Thomas R. Mason would surely be
appreciated. He died October 25, 1875 in Jackson County Arkansas. Was also
a Baptist preacher.

> > In return, if you will send me a surname that perhaps your are having
difficulty in locating source documents, I would be happy to search for you.

> > Sincerely,
> > Carolyn Anderson
> >
> > ______________________________

> > Subject: Re: [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of Arkansas
> > Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 01:11:40 -0600
> > From: "Mary Jackson" <>
> >
> > Sorry, none of these Youngs are listed.

another list, so I know how time consuming it can be.

> > I am looking for information on the Tuckers of Fulton County -
particularly Kinchen and Isaac Tucker. Also information on George W. Lewis
married to Elva Tucker. George was born abt. 1859 in TN.

> > Thank you so much,
> >
> > Georgiana
> >
> > ______________________________

> > Subject: Re: [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of Arkansas
> > Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 01:14:41 -0600
> > From: "Mary Jackson" <>
> >
> > No Cornelius or Moreland. There is a William S. Fulton and a Robert
Fulton.

of the book about the township of Morrilton, Conway Co., AR, listing the
most prominent citizens of the settlement in 1822 as Major Welborn, General
Lewis, Thomas White, John Hibbin, Timothy Harris, William Frazier, William
Lackey, Jacob Slinkard, James Titsworth, Thomas Hibbin, George Bentley,
Adustin Rogers, George Carden, John Belcher, LARKIN WOMACK and Samuel
McCall.

> > Larkin Womack, born about 1785, is the patriarch of the Womack family I
research. I haven't been able to place him in Arkansas during this
timeframe.

> > Is Larkin Womack mentioned in the book elsewhere? And is there anyone
researching any of the other names mentioned as a citizens of the ca. 1822
settlement?

> > Records indicate that one Timothy Harris married Tacy Elizabeth Womack,
daughter of Newton C. Womack. I haven't found a connection to these Womacks
and my family yet.

> > Beth Howser
> >

> > ______________________________

> > Subject: [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of Arkansas
> > Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 07:11:02 EST
> >
> > Do you have any Heffingtons or Garretts? Thanks, Pete
> >
> > ______________________________

> > Subject: Re: [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of Arkansas
> > Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 23:35:00 -0600
> > From: "James Young" <>
> >
> > Dear Mary,
> > Thank you very kindly for doing this look-up. Mary, I am searching for
> > Vantrease/VanTrease/Vantreese and Carter (Douglas A. Carter). Mainly,
the
> > Vantrease/Carter's family are from Tennessee to Illinois to Arkansas.
> >
> > Thank you.
> > Sincerely,
> > Teresa

Hixson[ Hixon] from Johnson county. His fathers name was James
Hixson.............................Thank You Melinda Wade

> > ______________________________

> > Subject: Re: [AFHA] Pioneers and Makers of Arkansas
> > Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:56:39 -0600
> > From: "beaoq" <>
> >
> > Do you hae Chrisman, Waldrop, Greer in PIONEERS AND MAKERS OF ARKANSAS?
> > Thanks so much Bea O'Quin
> >
> > ______________________________

> > Subject: [AFHA] Wanted:Directories
> > Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 13:12:12 -0500
> > From: "Susan Kaufman" <>
> >
> > Be a part of history! Share your current and historical membership
directories! Make sure these important publications are preserved for future
generations to use. Donate them to the library in Fort Wayne!

> > The Genealogy Department of the Allen County Public Library in Fort
Wayne, Indiana is looking for all types of directories. Your organization,
club, school yearbook, class lists, reunion lists, armed forces roster,
municipal employee lists, etc., can be a permanent part of our renowned
collection. All types of directories, large or small, current or historical
would be welcome. Indeed, they will find a good home among the more than
forty thousand directories we already make available to researchers.

> > We are searching for directories from all 50 states, Canada, Europe-any
location, yes, even your town or county. If you have any questions please
contact me, either by email, postal mail at Allen County Public Library, PO
Box 2270, Fort Wayne, IN, 46801-2270, or phone 260-421-1225. We can arrange
to pay for postage!