AFHS-DISCUSSION-L Archives

Archiver > AFHS-DISCUSSION > 2014-10 > 1412172740

From: "Jim Benedict" <>
Subject: [AFHS-DISCUSSION] Fake email supposedly from Shaw Cable
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 08:12:20 -0600

To all AFHS members:

If you receive the message below with this subject line:

shaw.ca WEBMAIL TEAM SUPPORT UPDATE/MAINTENANCE OF USER ACCOUNT

DO NOT REPLY TO IT. THIS IS PHISHING FOR YOUR PASSWORD!

Some overseas bad guy hackers are hunting around for accessing your email accounts and passwords. Shaw would never take such action by this method. What to do? Nothing, just delete the whole message from your inbox.

Regards,
Jim Benedict
Chair
Genealogy Computing Group