AFR-ANGOLA-L Archives

Archiver > AFR-ANGOLA > 2008-02 > 1202830443

From: "Ana Ghia-Pereira" <>
Subject: Re: [AFR-ANGOLA] Birth certificates in Angola
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:34:03 -0500

Hi Carol

If your friend's father was a British subject I would suggest she contact
the British Embassy. They usually kepts tabs on all nationals born abroad.

In 1930 Angola was still a Portuguese colony and the Portuguese Civil
Registry Offices they would be the ones who would take care of taking down
the records if your friend's grandfather took the trouble of going there.
After independence many of the registry books were left in Angola but I'm
not sure what the state of those books is. Many were destroyed during the
armed conflict. I know for a fact that most books were not brought back to
Portugal when the country became independent.

Good luck on your search

Ana Ghia-Pereira
Ottawa, Canada
Researching: Guia, Fernandes, Bendrau, Bengio, Paxiuta