AFR-ZIMBABWE-L Archives

Archiver > AFR-ZIMBABWE > 2002-11 > 1036621348

From: "Robert Cunning" <>
Subject: re "Bulawayo Chronicle"
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 09:27:02 +1100

Hello from Australia. I wonder if some very kind and knowledgable person can help me? In 1877 my Great Uncle, Charles Welch was in what was then Rhodesia. He shot a "wild pig" and soon found that it was a lioness that he had wounded. The Lions chased him and he managed to get to a tree in time and spent some time there, no doubt reflecting on his stupidity!!

The story was published in "Bulawayo Chronicle"on Sat 24 Dec 1898. I have a photo copy of a photo copy of the article, which is barely legible. I wrote to the newspaper in 1994, but received no reply.

Can anyone suggest where/who to try to get a legible copy?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Bob Cunninb

This thread: