ALBLOUNT-L Archives

Archiver > ALBLOUNT > 2008-10 > 1224024062

From: "Al & Joyce Wietlake" <>
Subject: [ALBLOUNT] Roll Call--Francis M. Richards, Ezekiel Ratliff,Jeremiah Ratliff, John J. Coppock, Bullard, Edward Swann,Asa Guy, Joseph H. Jett, Alzora Light
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 17:41:02 -0500

As you can see from the list above, my ancestors all lived in Blount Co. and
arrived there from the early to mid 1800's. I would be interested in
sharing information with other descendants of the ancestors below...

Joyce Wietlake

--Francis M. Richards appeared in Blount Co. toward the end of the Civil War
and married in 1867 Julianne Ratliff, daughter of Ezekiel Ratliff. They
lived near Jeremiah Ratliff and his children's families. So far, we have
not been able to connect the two Ratliff families. Francis Richards died
young and left his widow with 4 children. Julianne Ratliff Richards moved
in with her father Ezekiel Ratliff.

--John J. Coppock and Nellie Ratliff were my gggrandparents. Their
daughter, Mary Ann ("Polly") Coppock married Benjamin Bullard--my great
grandparents. Their daughter, Alice Bullard, was the second wife of John
Wesley Richards, son of Francis Richards and Julianne Ratliff.
I do have some information about the Bullard family but, of course, would
like to know more.

--Edward Swann married Hannah McCollum in GA, moved to Blount Co. and bought
several parcels of land in the early 1800's. They are my gggrandparents. I
would like to know when they died and where they are buried as well as
information about their early life and ancestors.

--I have information about Joseph H. Jett and his ancestors, but I would
like to know more about his wife Alzora Light. The information I have says
that she was a Native American, but I do not know what tribe. They are my
gggrandparents, also.

This thread: