ALBUTLER-L Archives

Archiver > ALBUTLER > 2002-09 > 1031001285

From: "Joe C Sanders" <>
Subject: RE: [ALBUTLER] Ivey and Isham and W. H. MORRIS
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 16:14:45 -0500

When the north captured Pensacola during the WBTS, the entire Escambia Co.
FL and/or municpal government of Pensacola at one time retreated to
Greenville, and governed from Greenville during the occupation. There were a
great many Pensacolans in the 1866 AL Census in Greenville and Butler county
due to that. While some returned to Pensacola, many did stay and make a home
here.

I don't have the exact details here with me, but someone else could probably
fill us in on this interesting bit of history of this "exiled" government.

ington::46.html
2. VASHTI N.6 NICHOLS (WILLIAM MARSHELL5, JOEL LAFAYETTE4, JOHN3, CONRAD
GUNROD2, JOHN1) was born November 12, 1879 in Crenshaw County, Alabama, and
died April 04, 1963 in Crenshaw County, Alabama. She married ISHAM KENDALL
MORRIS November 07, 1909 in Crenshaw County, Alabama. He was born November
16, 1869 in Crenshaw County, Alabama, and died March 11, 1945 in Crenshaw
County, Alabama.

More About VASHTI N. NICHOLS:
Burial: Mt. Zion United Church Cemetery, Crenshaw County, Alabama

Notes for ISHAM KENDALL MORRIS:
Isham owned and managed a water powered grist mill located on the Little
Patsalgia River in north western Crenshaw County, Alabama.

More About ISHAM KENDALL MORRIS:
Burial: Mt. Zion Cemetey, NW Crenshaw Co, Alabama
I'd like to hear from anyone with Butler Co. MORRIS connections. Thanks.
Cheryll Morris Sumner