ALBUTLER-L Archives

Archiver > ALBUTLER > 2003-08 > 1062335164

Subject: Re: [ALBUTLER] William A. Odom family of McKenzie, Alabama
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 09:06:04 -0400

I have a few ODOM connections in my data.

First, a Nancy PARKER (b. 1826), daughter of Reverend Noah PARKER (brother of my gg-gf Samuel Parker) and Catherine EDDINS, who married James Richard ODOM (b. 1825 in Georgia) in 1844. Their children (born in Florida) were William James ODOM (b. 1845, m. Clarise Addie DEES), Noah E. ODOM (b. 1847), Mary Jane ODOM (b. 1850, m. George WIGGINS), James Richard ODOM (b. 1854, m. Susan MOSLEY). Jim and Susan Mosley Odom lived near Oakey Streak in a community called Odom Town. Nancy Parker Odom is buried at Fairmount Cemetery in Red Level, Alabama.

Second, a Maston "Mack" Odom (b. 1897), who married Lula MORRIS, daughter of my g-uncle Ivy Lee Morris.

Also, a couple of LEE-ODOM marriages--all around the area of McKenzie and Red Level

Do you have any of these people in your data?

I have a more on the Odoms descended from Nancy PARKER and James Richard ODOM from "A Book of Remembrance" by Opal Bennett WELLS, whose mother was Frances HARTLEY, my grandmother's sister.

Cheryll Morris Sumner