ALCHEROK-L Archives

Archiver > ALCHEROK > 2002-05 > 1021351184

From: Les Tate <>
Subject: Re: [ALCHEROK] Pleasant Garrett
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:39:44 -0500

There are two Pleasant Garretts in the 1850 census of Cherokee County AL,
however the citations below from Ancestry.com do not have the correct page
numbers and I'm unsure iff the District is correct since I couldn't find
them down on the cited pages. Better to check a hardcopy of the census
index, then look for the person's listing on microfilm.

Garrett, Pleasant
 State:Alabama
Year:1850
 County:Cherokee
Roll: M432_3
 Township:Dist. 27
Page: 21

Garrett, Pleasant
 State:Alabama
Year:1850
 County:Cherokee
Roll: M432_3
 Township:District 27
Page: 140

I'm curious if there is someone famous by that name since I have a distant
ancestor (a gg-uncle) who was named Garrett Pleasant Hill Tate, however he
was born about 1844 in Bibb County on the opposite side of the state.

I did a quick search on WorldConnect.com and found a Pleasant P. Garrett
born in VA in 1809 and a Pleasant Bonaparte Garrett born (based on wife's
birthdate) around 1800. There's also a Pleasant Garrett born 1814 in TN
and there also are others.

http://www.geocities.com/dhyden.geo/garrett.html
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-
bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1725614&id=I96319279
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-
bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1783500&id=I90169739

You might want to check WorldConnect yourself. See the link below.
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi

Les Tate