ALCOFFEE-L Archives

Archiver > ALCOFFEE > 2002-09 > 1032486087

From: "Kathleen Passmore" <>
Subject: Re: [ALCOFFEE] I'm new to the group
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 20:41:27 -0500

I looking for Holladay/Holliday, Andrew, Murdock and Rogers families. Most
of the Rogers buried at Chestnut Grove Cemetery are kin, and all the
Holladays are.

This is my Aunt Helen, my Grandmother Ellen Kate Holladay Kelly's sister.

HELEN ELIZA8 HOLLADAY (JOHN SMILEY (SMIYLY)7, JAMES6, SERGT DANIEL5,
DANIEL4, JOHN (THE RANGER)3, THOMAS2 HOLLIDAY, THOMAS1 HOLLADAY) was born
June 11, 1902 in Pike Co., AL1, and died February 20, 1986 in Seminole,
Baldwin Co., AL. She married J. D. ROGERS December 14, 1924 in AL3, son of
WILLIAM ROGERS and ADDIE PITTMAN. He was born July 13, 1904 in Coffee Co.,
AL, and died November 17, 1951 in Troy, Pike Co., AL. They are both buried
at Chestnut Grove Cemetery off Hwy. 110.

Also, I'm looking for information about my great-grandparents John Smily and
Ellen A. Holladay, who are both buried at Center Ridge Cemetery. I think
this one might be in Pike Co. right at the county lines.

I'm also interesting in Andrew's that are buried in Claybanks Cemetery.