ALCOFFEE-L Archives

Archiver > ALCOFFEE > 2008-02 > 1203902435

From: Fleming <>
Subject: Re: [ALCOFFEE] Gibson Hospital
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 19:20:35 -0600

At 09:37 AM 2/23/2008, you wrote:
>Good Morning,
>
>Can anyone help me to locate info on the Ancestors &
>Family of Doctor Gibson for whom the hospital in
>Enterprise was named ?

Hi,
I'm Dr. Gibson's grandniece. I have a lot of information on the
Gibsons on my web site:
Descent from James Gibson:
http://flemingmultimedia.com/Genealogy/gibsondesc.html

1 James Gibson, b 16 October 1687 in Dumfries, Scotland, d abt 1765
in Bedford Co. VA
2 John Gibson, b Co. Tyrone, Ulster, Ireland, d 1762 in Frederick Co. VA
3 John Gibson, b 28 Nov. 1748 in Frederick Co. VA, d 16
Sept. 1837 in Union Co. SC
4 William Gibson, b 1772 in Bedford Co. VA, d 1855 in
Chambers Co. AL
m Frances //, 1795 in Union Co. SC
5 Ezekiel Gibson, b 30 Nov. 1803 in Cowpens, Union
Co. SC, d 17 March 1863
m Lucretia Smith, 10 January 1829, Union Co. SC
6 John S. Gibson, b 22 Aug.1839 in
Jonesville, Union Co. SC
d 10 March 1910 in Daviston, Tallapoosa Co. AL
m Lucy Jane Knight, 27 Sept. 1866,
daughter of William Alexander Knight and Sarah
Stevens
7 Doctor Franklin Gibson, b 24 May 1869
in Chambers Co. AL
d 31 July 1962 in Dothan, AL
m (1) Hester Ann Minerva Williams, 04
Dec. 1887 in Daviston, Alabama
(daughter of Baron DeKalb Williams
and Louisiana Motley)
8 Edward Lee Gibson, b 03 Jan. 1889,
d 4 May 1983 in Enterprise, AL
m (1) Elizabeth (Bess) Hutchison,
1915 (daughter of Lewis Pinkney Hutchinson
and Jeanette Law, b 15 February
1893, d 10 December 1968)

More information on the individual pages, this is Dr. Gibson's
father, Doctor Franklin Gibson (Doctor was his given name, everybody
called him "Doc"), also the father of my grandmother Lillian Pearl
Gibson Smith -

http://flemingmultimedia.com/Genealogy/DoctorFGibson.html

Uncle Ed and Aunt Bess had four sons, Edward Lee Jr., Thomas Eugene,
Lewis Charles, and (Dr.) Herbert Daniel, all deceased.

Georgia Fleming
Enterprise AL

This thread: