ALCORN-L Archives

Archiver > ALCORN > 2003-02 > 1044144338

Subject: [ALCORN] Photos of Homer Mayerle and Ola Alcorn Mayerle
Date: 1 Feb 2003 17:05:38 -0700

Surnames: ALCORN, MAYERLE, BISHOP
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/QU.2ADEB/507

Message Board Post:

Hi,
While shopping in our local estate store (Williamsburg, VA) and in some antique stores in central Pennsylvania, I found a number of photographs. If they had a name on the back or other identifying features, and if I had the money, I bought them. Now I'm trying to reunite them with their families or descendants.

I have a couple studio photographs of a young man that's labeled "Uncle 'Buzz' Homer Mayerle" and "Aunt Ola Alcorn Mayerle." Another studio portrait of Homer has, penciled on the back, "Mrs. R. E. Mayerle Bishop." On the front is the photographer's info, "Green's Studio, 450 So. Main St. Los Angeles." A fourth photo is a snapshot of Ola with a horse and her writing on the back.

I am no expert at dating photographs, but my guess is these were taken in the 1920s and 1930s.

If you think these could be your relatives, please email me!

This thread: