ALCORN-L Archives

Archiver > ALCORN > 2003-02 > 1045339992

From: "Pastor Royce W. Phillips" <>
Subject: Re: [ALCORN] Re: Alcorn/Mallett ties
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 14:13:16 -0600

Jackie,

Great to hear from you. I am pretty new to this whole genealogy thing. I
have quite a bit of info from Eugene Reece Alcorn (my great grandfather) on
down. Most of what else I have discovered from Levi backward I have run
across on internet sites, but it has opened up quite a bit. I would love to
share what I have.

My cousins in Texas are working on this line, too, and have a little more
than I have recorded yet. They are sharing with me as they get it, too.
Levi Alcorn (middle initial could be L or Y) was born about 1842 or 1843 in
Tennessee. He was the son of James W. Alcorn and his wife Nancy . On Nov
28, 1867 he married Sarah (Sally) Margaret Pace at Boone County, Missouri.
She died sometime between 1881 and 1889. Levi married again after 1889. He
had moved to Denton County, Texas by 1880. He died there in 1931.

Levi's kids, as I know so far, were:
Alice (1868?) Married A. M. Maginnis had 6 kids
Eugene Reece (1869) Married Martha Eugenia Guerry this is my line, I'll
come back to it later
Mattie Cassandra (1871) Married Kee W. Hudson had 9 kids
Mary J. (1875) died 1880
J. Leslie (1877) died 1878
Cora Stella (1881) died 1882

By his second wife he then had:
Oscar Newton (1894) had 6 kids
Delbert Foster (1895)

Eugene Reece died about 1935 and is buried at Zion Hill in Parker County,
Texas. He and Martha had 4 daughters but only one of them lived past her
second birthday.
Stella 1896-1897
Gertrude Catherine 1897-1983 (my grandmother, married George Rufus Phillips)
Dora 1898-1899
Lora 1898-1899
Dora and Lora were twins and died within days of each other. All three
children are buried next to their parents at Zion Hill, north of
Weatherford.

Gertrude and George had two boys and a girl. The second boy, Royce Lavalle
was my dad. Each of the three kids had three kids of their own. Of course,
some of them are grandparents themselves, now. I have all of that info,
too.

I would love to see what you have discovered on the Alcorn line, also.

Royce