ALCORN-L Archives

Archiver > ALCORN > 2009-02 > 1233818897

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: John Alcorn 1745 ca, Wythe County, VA
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 07:28:17 -0000

Author: JA8803
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.alcorn/942.1.2.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi Deborah:
Things can sure get confusing in genealogy. I am descended from John Alcorn/Jane Breckenridge. They are my 4th ggrandparents. I read the info Bob Ford put in on James Alcorn/Jane Mills. I have that James Alcorn son of James Alcorn and Mary?. But, when James and Mary died, their Wills did not list John as their child. It is possible that James who married Jane Mills is a brother to John who married Jane Breckenridge. But neither are sons of James and Mary. I have separated my Alcorn files now - one file is James Alcorn/Jane Mills. Another is John Alcorn, b. 1734(?), who married Jane Breckenridge. The third is Robert Alcorn, b. 1728, who married Mary Ann Quinn. I believed Robert and John were brothers, but no one has any such proof. Does anyone know anything about the James Alcorn who married Mary(?). According to their Will, their children were Catherine,Sarah and two others, but no John or Robert.

I do not have much at all on William Skillern and family, but would like to fill in the descendants for them. I have children listed as James, Mary Ann, Jane, William L., Elizabeth, Margaret, Radford, George, Isaac Charles, Zippora. I have them born in KY but no county where they were born. I would very much like to have when and where they were born, when and who they married and their children, etc.

I will be glad to share any info I have on these Alcorns.

Millie Jenkins

Important Note: