ALDRIDGE-L Archives

Archiver > ALDRIDGE > 2000-12 > 0976472017

From: Lori Thornton <>
Subject: Re: Prince William Aldridge
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 13:13:37 -0500

Okay--here's an interesting twist. In the 1850 Marion Co. census (dist 14
pag 153 ln 13 ff), Prince William's wife is "Permelia." In 1860 Walker Co.
census, his wife is "Milly." I've seen that Mary Ann COONS marriage from
Wilkes Co. NC (18 Feb 1793) and always assumed that it was correct and that
Prince William married this "Millie" later on--and I just couldn't find a
record for it. If Millie is an Ashley and Ashley was named for her maiden
name, that marriage had to occur before 1796 when Ashley was born. I'm
still confused by this "Isaac" business. I don't see how one gets "Isaac"
out of "Prince William." There is a definite gap in birth ages of children
between 1796 and 1800 and between 1800 and 1805 and between 1805 and 1810
and between 1810 and 1816. I'd venture there were some females born in at
least some of those years (and possibly some other males).

This Bedford Co., Tennessee mention is the first time I've seen Bedford
mentioned. I'll have to check out what I can find. I have some relatives
from another line in that county around that time too.

Lori Thornton

This thread: