ALLISON-L Archives

Archiver > ALLISON > 1998-07 > 0901631504

From: "Marie Davis" <>
Subject: NC Allisons
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 09:11:44 -0400

I have read with interest all the information coming through on the
Allison's - however, haven't seen my line - we are probably connected
somewhere along the way - could use any information available - It appears
most of my lineage comes from McDowell County, (specifically Old Fort area)
of NC. thanks!

Marie Allison Davis (9/9/43) daughter of Morgan Lee Allison
(12/14/1908-8/19/67) - son of Richard Hiram Allison (9/15/1869-10/29/1939) -
Richard's parents were John Wesley (no birth or death information) and
Lucinda Kelly Allison (5/9/1846-2/17/1922 and daughter of Hiram Kelly and
Lydia Allison Kelly. Her maternal grandfather was another Richard Allison
(no information on him). John Wesley served in the Confederate Army as a
Private in Co.B, 35th NC Regiment - McDowell County. John Wesley and Lydia
had the following children: John Kenneth; Mary; Lydia; William Riley;
Richard Hiram(My grandfather); Sarah; Ira Hampton (Hamp); Elizabeth "Liz";
and Thomas. I have information on most of these children if anyone needs
it.
My grandfather, Richard Hiram, married Harriet Crow (12/3/1876-12/3/1915)
on 9/27/1893 in Madison County, NC. Harriet was the daughter of Rev Joseph
W. and Sarah Crow. My grandparents are both buried in the Piney Grove
Cemetary in Old Fort as is most of this Allison clan. Richard and Harriet
had the following children: Nora Lee, Georgia, Emmett (who moved away at an
early age to Americus, GA. and I know nothing about him - would love to have
information on him if anyone has it); Vernon; Lois; Morgan (my father).
Richard married a second time after Harriet's death to Mae Moore. She is
also buried in the Piney Grove Cemetary. I have detailed information on
some of these people and nothing on the others, so if anyone out there
belongs to this clan, please let me know!!

This thread: