ALLISON-L Archives

Archiver > ALLISON > 1998-10 > 0907672494

From: <>
Subject: ROLL CALL
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 07:14:54 EDT

ROLL CALL
IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I HAVE PUT MY INFO OUT. I HAVE ADDED
A GENERATION! I HOPE THAT WE CAN MAKE A MATCH!
HUGS,
VICKY ALLISON-THOMPSON

1. DAVID1 ALLISON. He married DORCUS CUNNINGHAM.

Child of DAVID ALLISON and DORCUS CUNNINGHAM is:
2.i.LEWIS DORTCH2 ALLISON, b. 1818, Georgia; d. Aft. 1870, Sebastian
County, Arkansas.

Generation No. 2

2. LEWIS DORTCH2 ALLISON (DAVID1) was born 1818 in Georgia, and died Aft.
1870 in Arkansas. He married AMANDA PRUITT.

Notes for LEWIS DORTCH ALLISON:
Lewis was born 1818 in GA. He is first found on the Crawford Co., AR census
in 1850 listed as Lewis Allison living in Marion Township. In 1851 the county
lines changed and Marion Township is now in Sebastian County, AR. Lewis can
be found on the 1860 Sebastian County, AR census as Louis Allison, also his
wife Amanda (Pruitt) who was born about 1833 in TN and his children are listed
on
the census. On the 1870 census Lewis was listed as S.D. Allison. This was
clearly a mistake made when the census taker took the info that was gathered
out in the field into the courthouse to be put on the census books. Who ever
wrote in the books mistook the "L" for a "S". This mistake has stopped me and
my family for many years from breaking down the Allison brick wall. The wall
was broke down March of 1998 when the mistake was discovered.
Lewis Allison owned two sections of land totalling 269 acres of land in
Sebastian County, AR which he farmed.
Lewis is not found on the AR census after 1870. I am thinking he must have
died between 1870-1880.

Children of LEWIS ALLISON and AMANDA PRUITT are:
i.JOHN3 ALLISON, b. 1849, MO.
ii.MARTHA ALLISON, b. 1851, Sebastian Co.,AR.
3.iii.DAVID ALLISON, b. 1854, Belienes Arkansas; d. August 1887, Van Buran,
Crawford Co., Arkansas.
iv.DORRY ALLISON, b. 1854.
v.BUCHANA ALLISON, b. 1856.
vi.RUFUS ALLISON, b. 1860.

Notes for RUFUS ALLISON:
Could this be William on the 1870 AR cencus???

4.vii.WILLIAM LEWIS ALLISON, b. April 16, 1860, Fort Smith or Van Buren
Arkansas; d. August 10, 1941, Cox Hospital, Groesbeck, Limestone Co., Texas.
viii.CUNNINGHAM ALLISON, b. 1862.

This thread: