ALMONROE-L Archives

Archiver > ALMONROE > 2002-01 > 1011704255

Subject: [ALMONROE-L] Re: Carnley, Carnline, Cantaline
Date: 22 Jan 2002 05:57:35 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/HU.2ADI/361.1

Message Board Post:

I'm Linda Carnley Nolen, My father was William Lewis Carnley, Sr. Born
August 7, 1927, died March 14, 2001, His wife was Maybelle Todd Carnley,
born August 2, 1930 and passed away on Nov. 30, 1996. His father was
David Lewis Carnley, and he was born Oct. 17, 1902 and died March 2,
1970, and he was married to Lider Thrower Carnley and she was born on
April 7, 1903 and passed away on Jan 20, 1985.

I believe my Great-grandpartents were William and Mary Carnley, but I do
not have much more information than that, other than we have our family
reunion on the first Sunday in May in Jay Florida, I believe, or could
be Century, FL.

Anyway I found your site about the name differences, and my dad always
told me about the name change and until now I could find nothing about
it. I also have heard that the Carnley clan had a feud and the
Carnley's split up and part went towards Opp, AL and the rest stayed in
or around Jay, Century and Flomaton. On the site where we hold our
family reunion there is an old cemetery where most of the Carnleys are
buried with dates going back to the 1700 I believe or older. I do know
there is also and old Carnley cemetery around Century or Jay Fl. that my
Dad had taken me to several times.

If there is any help that you can offer with tracing my family tree I
would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Linda Carnley Nolen

This thread: