ALMONROE-L Archives

Archiver > ALMONROE > 2003-05 > 1052444217

From: Ted and Freda Noble <>
Subject: Re: [ALMONROE-L] Monroe County, Alabama, Solomon Family
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 18:36:57 -0700

Dear Loretta,
thank you for your info about Ella Solomon Norris. Do you have
her parents's names? Was she married more than once? I have two
Ella Solomons...Ella Solomon, daughter of Tobias Solomon and Jane
Minerva Goodwin Solomon, born 1852 in Wilcox County, Alabama, married
to C. W. Lambert 9 December 1868, Monroe County, Alabama. No more
info on C.W. Lambert.
And, Ella Solomon, daughter of Levi D. Solomon and Nancy J. Mayo,
born 1875, in Escambia County, Alabama, married M. R. McClellan. No
more info on M.R. McClellan.
The Norris names that I have are of people who married into my families:

Esther Norris married David Mims.
Mary Norris married Joseph Mims, David's brother. Are Esther and Mary sisters?
Eva Louise Norris married N. F. Sanders. (living)
Jane Norris married William Stuart/Stewart. Suggested she is from
Ireland. Jane's son William Norris Stewart married Martha Jane
McBride. Their daughter James Seppie Stuart (the name is correct!)
married John Franklin Sills.
Rebecca Norris married Calvin Stewart on 1 Mar 1900, brother of James Seppie.
Sadie Edna Norris married Joseph Sherrod "Joe" Sims,. 14 April 1918.
Tamer A. Norris married Wilkins C. Riley, son of Larkin G. and Gilly
Unknown Riley.

McLeod? I have the family of Murdock McLeod. William Murdock
McLeod's daughter Lydia Drucilla McLeod married James Benjamin
Solomon, Jr., on 19 August 1861.
William Murdock McLeod married Sarah E. Stacey.

Earlier in North Carolina (are your McLeods from N.C.?), Janet McLeod
married John P. Wright, son of George Wright and Sara Pate Wright.

I also have this interesting info: Murdock McLeod married to Lucinda
Cockcroft, parents of the above William Murdock.
>In 1880 Census, Malcolm Norris, a nephew, and an adopted daughter,
>Lucy Ward, age 19, is living with this family. (i.e., the family of
>Murdock and Lucinda.)

I would like to exchange data with you about these related families.
I live on the north coast of California, so most of my info comes
from the research of others who have shared with me and from the
Internet.

Freda Roberson Noble
Gualala Ca

--
Researching my Southern Families: Roberson/Robertson/Robinson,Bonner,
Blakely,Wright, Sills, Thornton, Canterbury, Godbold, Solomon, Pate,

This thread: