ALSACE-LORRAINE-L Archives

Archiver > ALSACE-LORRAINE > 2007-03 > 1174627749

From: "Carolyn \"Cari\" Thomas" <>
Subject: [A-L] KLEIN.....in Postorff/Postroff/Pistorff/Postdorf/Posdorff
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:29:09 -0700

>Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:58:05 GMT
>From: "Eric Richendollar" <>
>I received a request from someone who is not a member of this list. This
person is looking for ancestors of George CLINE, Revolutionary War soldier
and ancestor of hundreds, if not thousands, of descendants in southeastern
Ohio. After years of mystery as to his origin, it was recently discovered
that George CLINE was born Hans Gorg KLEIN, 21.7.1740 in Postroff, Moselle,
s/o Johannes KLEIN and Anna Margaretha GANGLOFF. Johannes KLEIN was born
28.4.1701, probably in Postroff, s/o Nicholas KLEIN and Anna Elisabetha
BOHN. Nicholas KLEIN was born 29.10.1676, probably in Postroff. The
records for Postroff are kept in nearby Hirschland, Bas-Rhin. The
researcher has already ordered the microfilm "Evangelische Kirche Hirschland
Kirchenbuch, 1698-1799" from the FHL.
>If anyone is researching this line or has additional information, you can reply
to the list or e-mail me directly and I will forward your messages to the
researcher. Thanks in advance.
>Eric Richendollar Marietta, OH 45750

AND

> From: "EWALD" <>
> The Lutheran community of Postroff / Postdorf (Moselle, Lorraine) was part of
Niederstinzel prior to 1635, then part of Hirschland between 1698-1791, then
part of F?n?trange / Finstingen until 1845. The Lutheran records exist until
1806.Source : book '' Das Reichsland Elsass-Lothringen'' published in
Strasbourg 1901-1903
>Ewald

Dear Eric, Ewald and Listers....

In September/October 2002, I deciphered, abstracted, semi-translated and
transcribed: the KLEIN records of the evangelical church of Niederstinzel
(Stenßell; Stinzel; Stentzel) of Moselle; Lorraine; France - from the FHL
INTL Film #625681
***Items 1-4 Kirchenbuch, 1696-1791 Evangelische Kirche Niederstinzel (Kr.
Saarburg) Text in German.Mikrofilm aufgenommen vom Manuskripten im
Staatsarchiv Metz.
Parish registers of baptisms, marriages, burials for Niederstinzel, Moselle,
France.
Taufen 1698-1790 Heiraten 1696-1790 Tote 1701-1791

The filmed church book is itself a transcription, as I recall; evidently
done post 1791.

RE: your village "Postroff": in these church records, it's found as
"Postorff" and/or "Pistorff" (to go along with Ewald's additional "Postdorf"
and "Posdorff" found on <http://gmarchal.free.fr/Repertoire.htm>;)

Sorry, Eric: I took a quick "find" search through the 22 pages of typed
transcription and did not find the 1740 birth/baptism, nor the 1701 nor
earlier, for your friend. There ARE several additional KLEIN-BOHN marriages
(including a 2nd marriage of my 6th g-grandfather Mauritius/Moritz KLEIN)
and there are quite a few KLEINs of Post* as witnesses and participants of
events in the Niederstinzel church.

Here are my KLEIN Niederstinzel credentials:
Mauritius KLEIN (b. 14 Sep 1712, d. 15 Jan 1784 and named for godparent
"Maritius Klein von Postorff") and Mauritius' wife Maria Barbara KLEINin
KLEIN (b. 25 Mar 1708, m. 17 Jun 1737, d. 7 Sep 1741) are my 6th
great-grandparents.
Their daughter Anna Margretha KLEINin MULLER, (b. 14 Sep 1739; m. ca. 1769
w/Johann Jacob MÜLLER, Wolfskirchen, Bas-Rhin, Alsace) is my 5th
great-grandmother.

My transcription of the KLEIN records of this churchbook (probably 90-95% of
the records are of KLEINs in one form or another) are freely available to
KLEIN researchers, as long as I am credited with the work! Contact me.

Cari Thomas <>

This thread: