ALSACE-LORRAINE-L Archives

Archiver > ALSACE-LORRAINE > 2010-02 > 1267227725

Subject: Re: [A-L] 30 Years War - Ruegg & Ruhnke
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 18:42:05 EST

It was definitely French in 1847 when my ancestor left Lorraine. He spoke
German but listed on the 1860 census that he came from France. I believe
there may have been a famine in the 1840's and also his Father died. His name
was BUCHHEIT and he was from Schweyen, Lorraine. Literally a "stones throw
from Germany."

This is a very interesting forum; always something to learn. Thank you
everyone!

Richard Williams

In a message dated 2/26/2010 3:21:56 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,