ALT-GENEALOGY-L Archives

Archiver > ALT-GENEALOGY > 2006-01 > 1136347930

From: "Joe Pessarra" <>
Subject: Re: Searching for MENAUER in USA
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:12:10 -0600

"James A. Doemer" <> wrote in message
news:GhHuf.1958$...
> In News dYuuf.59709$,, Joe Pessarra at
> , typed this:
>
> > "Thomas Trenkle" <> wrote in message

> >> From Ancestry.com:
(Rest of message snipped)
> He has the same problem/blessing I have. It's a fairly rare surname, but
> when you do find a match, the confidence that it is related in some way is
> higher.

The same with myself. All of the Pessarra, Pessara, Pesara, Pesarra,
Pesharra, Peshara, Pearra, Peara families that I have found in present day
Germany seem to have come (mostly after WW2) from the Masuren Lake region in
East Prussia, in about an 80 mile diameter circle, the same area my
grandfather came from to the US in 1869. Pretty positive we are all
related, but still searching for the connections.

Joe

This thread: