ALTUSCAL-L Archives

Archiver > ALTUSCAL > 2006-11 > 1163280452

Subject: Re: [ALTUSCAL] Benjamin Thomas
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 16:27:32 -0500

A couple of corrections to my previous email-

A more accurate listing of Benjamin S. and Prudence Thomas' children:

Rufus Burleson Thomas. b. Feb.12, 1846; died March 27, 1929 Private, Company I "Johnston's Company" - 6th MS Cavalry (with Paul Valentine) - POW 5/12/1865.
Rachel Elizabeth b. 1848 (married name appears to be Jones)
James Harrison b. March 6, 1853; died April 22, 1937
William Henry (?) b. 1854
Pleasant Perry b. 1856
Courtney G. b. 1858 She married Charles New
John Joseph b. either 1858 or 1862
Aaron or Adren (Name appears on tombstone adjacent to his father. 1870 census lists him as Aaron b. Nov. 10, 1865; died Dec. 20, 1872) The inscription on the grave marker states that he was the son of Ben S. and Prudence Thomas)

Also, I should have stated that Prudence Thomas was buried in Cedar Bluff, MS in Cairo cemetery next to the Cumberland Presbyterian Church... not Methodist. Sorry for the error.

Mike